Wanted 8/4 Hard Maple

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Need 12-15 bd ft of 8/4 hard maple. Neighbor wants a bread kneading board 24” square by 1 3/4” thick.
Klingspor is out of 8/4 and I hate to drive to Gibsonville for such a small amount.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Wellll…. nobody says you have to limit your purchase! As long as you’re in Gibsonville, I wager there’s something else you could find.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Need 12-15 bd ft of 8/4 hard maple. Neighbor wants a bread kneading board 24” square by 1 3/4” thick.
Klingspor is out of 8/4 and I hate to drive to Gibsonville for such a small amount.
I expect Capitol City Lumber has what you need.

joemartinez316

New User
Joe
Hi David. I have some 8/4 Hard Maple in stock. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience. I'm Holly Springs. Thanks!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Every time I have shopped at Capital I leave with a bad taste in my mouth.
I seemed to recall that you did not like Cap City, but thought I'd suggest it anyways.
It is my primary supplier of wood (I'm a low volume buyer), in part b/c I live so close. I have not had an issues that they have not been able to resolve. To each their own.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Henry: My biggest problem with Capital is that they thickness plane their 4/4 wood down to 3/4" finished. When I build period furniture, I need one side perfectly flat across the jointer and then I finish to thickness. I believe they do it, so the customer has to buy thicker lumber to get flat straight pieces. I have to buy 5/4 (they have milled it to 1" thickness) to get flat 3/4" stock.
David

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
David, I am not a fan of S2S either. Cannot say I am wild about skip planned, but I can kind of understand why the yard skip planes.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Henry: My biggest problem with Capital is that they thickness plane their 4/4 wood down to 3/4" finished. When I build period furniture, I need one side perfectly flat across the jointer and then I finish to thickness. I believe they do it, so the customer has to buy thicker lumber to get flat straight pieces. I have to buy 5/4 (they have milled it to 1" thickness) to get flat 3/4" stock.
David
Understood David.
One reason I have lived without a jointer is that I buy (mostly) S2S material... and there's the fundamental difference in why I like the choices offered there and you find it doesn't work for you. Good thing we do have choices in this area for hardwood suppliers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS