Want to rent time on drum sander - Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

big bill

New User
Bill
Does anyone know of anyone or anywhere I can rent time on a drum sander in the Raleigh area? I only need about 20 minutes and am willing to pay.

thanks for any leads,

Bill

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi Bill. Welcome to NCWW. How about going out to the Who We Are forum and introduct your self. If folks know a bit about you they will be more inclined to help out.

DavidF

New User
David
How wide a drum sander Bill? I have a 16/32 you can use for a bit. I know what it's like to need to borrow a tool (thanks Amy)

big bill

New User
Bill
Hi Bill. Welcome to North Carolina Woodworker. How about going out to the Who We Are forum and introduct your self. If folks know a bit about you they will be more inclined to help out.

Thanks for the advice, Scott, I just did that. Been into woodworking about 2.5 years and continually learning from my mistakes :) Work and live in the Raleigh area.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I don't have one, but I have borrowed time on another member's sander. I noticed that he goes through a lot of that abrasive cleaner, the stuff they sell at the big box stores and woodworking stores that looks like a big eraser. If I take anything else over, I plan to pick up one of those to leave there (hint, hint, :wwink:).

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bill, I don't have a drum sander, but I do have a wide belt sander if that would work for you. I'm about 15 minutes south of the intersection of US1 and Tryon Road, in New Hill.

Scott

big bill

New User
Bill
Thanks for all your offers and input. Travis has offered to help me out. Since he is not too far, I am going to take him up on it. Thanks again.

big bill

New User
Bill
Just wanted to let you know that Travis helped me out. He has an amazing workshop. You haven't lived until you have seen his aircraft-carrier of a jointer - unreal ! The thing is massive - as is most of his cool stuff.

Thanks again, Travis!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Yeah Bill, Travis is a great guy isn't he ? The thing that amazes me about his shop isn't what he has, but what he would have if space weren't an issue .:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS