Walnut Moisture Content ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
How low should it go? I had Jeff saw some walnut 5/4 a couple months ago and was wondering what the moisture content should get down to to be stable enough to work with.

J

jeff...

6 ~ 8% if I recall correctly I think that your BW was 5/4 thick and 6' long and like 22" wide around 200 BF, right? I got another load going to Scott's kiln in a few weeks - you might want to talk with scott and see if he can slip it in with my load.

Thanks

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
How are you drying it?

I use air dried Walnut at 12% if the relative humidity is around 75-80%. Any kiln dried Walnut will rise to 10-12% EMC after about 4-6 weeks in my non-airconditioned shop.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
The walnut was stacked outside under a covered lean-to (stickered with 5/4 walnut stickers with 10 cement blocks on top for weight).About 7 weeks ago I moved it inside a storage builbing (restacked the same way). The building is opened every day. It stays pretty hot but has good air flow. I don't remember when it was sawed...maybe Jeff has a record of it.

J

jeff...

Yep I do have a record of it, I sawed it 5/3/07 I will shut up now about Walnut and MC...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS