Virtual Committee Meetings......

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
This has come up in the past, and sounds like its possible in the present.

Would there be interest in setting up multiple flashchats that can be only used by certain usergroups (B.O.D., Committees, etc).

I'm not sure how it'd work, of if its feasible, but thought I'd see if there was interest.

Personally, I'd like to try it with the Shop Crawl Committee. Right now, we are communicating through posts. I could see some real benefits of having a FlashChat Committee Meeting. 15 or 20 minutes once a week.

Any interest?

I realize FlashChat isn't ideal, but it is already here :)

Jim

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Private flashchats......

My thoughts are that with 5 or 6 people, it is easy to get behind on the conversation unless you could Moderate:elvis: it somehow that people weren't stepping on everyone else.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

I agree with Tracy. Multi people chats can get out of control unless well administered.

woodArtz

New User
Bob

Jim, you can create rooms in flashchat that are password protected. That will limit the people in the room to those you need for the particular discussion.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

I don't see any issue with setting up private flash chats for specific groups.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

I apologize, I have a bad habit of leading with a tool, not a project (in many things).

Let me rephrase the need.

Threads/posts are ok, but don't seem to be fostering participation (aka delegated grief).

Anyone have any ideas on how to hold "Virtual Committee Meetings"?

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Personally, I prefer conference calls.
You can get free conference calls these days, the only caveat is that you may have to dial a long-distance number. Most cell phone plans have long distance at no extra charge, as does VOIP.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Re: Virtual Committee Names......

Any services you recommend? A lot appear sort of dubious when i google.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS