Very sad news....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
We received this contact early this morning:

I was trying to let everyone know that Chuck Seehuetter who was a member that he found out in May he had cancer and by August 25th he died. I know how much he love talking on line with all the members this is his girl friend Char who I met a bunch of you all when him and drove up to NC for a cook out. Please let them know thank you.

He will be greatly missed. Chuck and Char hold the all time record for most distance traveled to attend the spring picnic...all the way from FLA.
I don't know if Char will be checking the site for condolences but she did provide her e-mail charshome(at)comcast(dot)net.

Dave:-(

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Very sad indeed, I spoke with him for a long time at the Asheville cookout that CaptainA hosted.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm very sorry to hear of this.

Like so many others here I never met Chuck face to face, but feel like I know him as an old friend. He will be missed. It's too late to send flowers, is there anything we can do for the family or as a memorial?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
He will be missed. I am very sad to hear about this. Over my "Tool Wall" is a hand saw that he made as a NCWW presentation to me. Now it will stay there in a place of honor.

Char, you are in our hearts and prayers. Please don't be a stranger. drop in and say hi!

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Dave ,I never new him,but my prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.It just really tears my heart out to here about folks getting struck down by this terrible disease.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I met Chuck at the Spring picnic - very nice gentleman - Talked to him and Char on a bench at the back of the building for a good while - Char please come by the site often and know we are thinking of you

M

McRabbet

I sent her an email with my condolences as soon as I read the notice -- they were very nice folks and indeed he will be missed -- ironically, I was wondering less than a week ago that his posts had dropped off significantly and sadly, we know why now.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
That is very sad to hear. I remember seeing him at the picnic and he was a cheerful guy of what I remember.

My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to Char, and his family and friends!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I meet Chuck and Char last year at the Asheville Cook-Out. We talked for a long while. He was a wonderful guy. I am saddened to hear of his passing.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks Dave for letting us know. I feel like we have lost a family member. He will be missed.

Barbara

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That is very sad news. I don't know that I met Chuck or Char, but I definitely remember his posts. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Char and their family and friends.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Sad indeed. Chuck and Char managed to come to the gathering in Asheville last October. What pleasant people they were. I know that Char had a large part in the building of their new shop. She is a talented woodworker, and I hope she can find time to keep dropping in on here.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I think you pretty much summed up what made Chuck special: His enthusiasm for all things woodworking related. It was almost palatable in his posts. I will miss him around here. My deepest condolences to Char and their families.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I too remember a really good long woodworking related discussion with Chuck last year at the Asheville cookout.

Char. I am so sorry about your loss. Chuck was a wonderful person and definitely left a mark here at the site and many of our hearts.

Wayne

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Words are very hard to come by hearing this very sad news.
I visited with Chuck and Char last summer on a long distance shop crawl while vacationing
in Florida. Chuck and Char were the most gracious of hosts inviting me into their home and shop.
Chuck and Char were / are both excellent woodworkers and worked together on many beautiful
projects in and around their house. Char even made me a beautiful pencil holder for my shop that now brings back many fine memories of our too short visit. Both Chuck and Char are US Air Force Retirees, our conversations were
a lot of remembering about our past Air Force days and assignments.
Last project Chuck was working on was restoring an old Sears chain driven 220v Planer that
was coated with rust.
Char - I am so sorry for your loss - my prayers are with you, may he rest in Peace.
Pete

For those of you that would like to send a card to Char -
Char Seehuetter
2712 Altha Ave
Panama City , FL 32405-7003

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS