Used tool store in Geenville or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey all,

Someone posted, awhile ago, about a store that sold used and new tools something like ReTool (?), if you can remember please let me know as I will be heading towards that area this week and would like to stop by it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
The store is called ReTool. Their hours of operation are 9:00 to 5:30.
They are located off Hwy 11(memorial Drive) across the road from Red Lobster. Their phone # is 252-215-0862.
Tell them Mike referred you.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I don't want to disparage ReTool but I have never seen anything I needed or wanted there. They have a bunch of over-priced, heavily used (being kind here!), pawn shop type stuff, some Harbor Freight type Chinese junk, and some Shop Fox stuff (bought from a closed store?). In general I think the prices too high and condition too low on most their stuff. Not a lot of stock either.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Thanks Alan,
But I wasn't going to make it a destination, just a stop by if I'm in the area. So I still might stop in if I'm nearby.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I bought many of my major tools at Retool. ShopFox table saw, Shopfox bandsaw, ShopFox Drill Press, Shop Fox Dust Collector. ReTool is an authorized Shop Fox dealer, I've never bought anything used there but I can attest to the quality of their service. Don, the owner, not only delivered these machines personally, but he spent an entire day in my shop helping me assemble them. Try to get that by mail order. I love supporting small, Mom and Pop stores that value their customers even if their prices are higher than the Borgs (I'm not sure that they are). It's not a big place and you may not find what you're looking for - but it's certainly worth a try if you're in the area.

Ernie

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I bought many of my major tools at Retool. ShopFox table saw, Shopfox bandsaw, ShopFox Drill Press, Shop Fox Dust Collector. ReTool is an authorized Shop Fox dealer, I've never bought anything used there but I can attest to the quality of their service. Don, the owner, not only delivered these machines personally, but he spent an entire day in my shop helping me assemble them. Try to get that by mail order. I love supporting small, Mom and Pop stores that value their customers even if their prices are higher than the Borgs (I'm not sure that they are). It's not a big place and you may not find what you're looking for - but it's certainly worth a try if you're in the area.

Ernie

The great thing about it is that all I'll be is strolling and looking, not for anything in particular. I like the idea of the store and want to check it out. I know that pawn shops are a good deal, but I never feel welcome in them and I have a hard time not believing that some of their items are stolen.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
I have been dealing with the owners of the Retool store since they first opened their doors. Have got to know them well over the years. Keep in mind that this is not a new tool store like Woodcraft or Klingspor, although they are an authorized Shop Fox dealer. The ReTool concept is along the lines of Play It Again Sports, in that they market pre-owned tools, and a limited amount of new stuff. Some is better quality than others, like any used tool store might be. This a store selling all kinds of tools, from auto mechanics to woodworkers to building contractors. So you will find a little bit of everything there. So enjoy your browsing.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Mike, I consider myself a renaissance man :gar-La; and like playing with all tools. BTW, I buy most of my stuff through CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS