UPDATED - Extravaganza Volunteers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
Re: Extravaganza Volunteers Needed

I'll be there both days. Will be cutting and assembling a Fretwork clock. Plan to have a completed one of the same thing.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

Mike: Would you be willing to show those young folk I was telling you about a few pointers on sharpening in general if I can get them to come with me?

I'll be there Saturday. I can bring a few stones and sharpen stuff.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

I am reserving Friday for a quick trip to Hickory. If you want I will do a detailed two hour demo on stripper canoe building. Given we have all the equipment I could show the whole process.

I would demo:
Station (form) layout and setup
Strip cutting and routing - both cove and bead. Yea, we have two routers
Stripping process - both clamp and nail
Fairing - careful sanding
Fiberglass layup - live so everybody could see the clarity

I would plan on being in Hickory by 9:30 and run the demo from 10 t0 12 and then get back on the road by 1:00

Let me know if you want me to set this up as I need some time for prep

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

That's great! Any preference as to time of day?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Can't commit right now but I have a nephew with a new baby in Hickory and the wife wants to visit them, so we may be able to combine a trip there with me working at the show. I need to finalize things with her and them first.

At this point, I'm a definite maybe.

- Ken.

cskipper

Cathy

I plan on being able to help, but cannot commit right now. We anticipate John having his other cataract removed and anticipate that this is probably the time \frame for that. I'll let you know know more when I do.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Dennis, I am planning on arriving about 9:30 and quickly setting up to do a start to finish - how to build a stripper canoe within two hours. I would like the demo to start at 10 and end at 12. I really need this time schedule to be fairly firm as I will be back on the road to Raleigh by 1:30. To pull this off I need a few questions answered - Will I have a space approx 10 x 10, will I have a pa system with a decent lapel mic, hopefully wireless, and will I have a helper?

Also if we have a decent projector what are we showing with it - are we running a slide show of our gallery or should I try to gather stripper build photos ? I would think a general NCWW slide show would be better.

Should I bring the screen I have to Greensboro and hand it off after the meeting?
That's great! Any preference as to time of day?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

Yes, please bring the screen. The projector is digital so we can create a slide show with the camera as input. We will schedule your demo as you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS