Upcoming Handplane Workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I am going to be teaching some handplane and related workshops at the Woodcraft Store in Raleigh in June and July. These are a lot of fun, and I hope that anyone interested would sign up to do these. This is a great opportunity for me to meet woodworkers and share what little knowledge I have. If you are interested in details, give Tom Ferone a call at 781-1911 or 274-3508 or myself (932-6050). Also, if you want the workshops to focus on a particular technique, throw me your ideas. Here is the basic info:

June 24-25. Making a Krenov Style Smoothing Plane. This will include a Hock blade, and we will make a plane adjusting hammer as well. There will be some time on blade sharpening, and we will do some work on some practice boards to test out our creations.

July 8. Rough to Ready. We will take a rough board down to its finished state using handplane and other handtools (winding sticks, panel and marking gauges, etc) and do some scraper work. Definitely hands on!

July 16. Handtool Sharpening. Sharpening plane and chisel blades as well as specialty (spokeshave?) blades. We will review both power (slow speed, Tormek, Makita) grinders, as well as all types of sharpening stones available. You will sharpen you own tools (I will supply them if you do not have them). There will be some demo and some "lecture", and the class will be hands on. We will chop up some wood af the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS