Two More End Tables Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
My second oldest daughter has been wanting a pair of oak end tables to match the coffee table I did for her about three years back.

Well....

With 105 dowel holes (3/4" & 1/4") for joinery in each table; finished with a light coat of pecan stain and five coats of wiping varnish, they are done!

100_2500.jpg

And. I was very pleased with finally getting the HB DT's right.:wsmile:

100_2494.jpg

I think with this pair done, I have used the same design to build a total of five of these tables.

Time to move onto something a little more interesting and challenging.

Thanks for looking!

Wayne

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Beautiful, I love it. I also love your shop. Tell me about your table saw. and also tell me about your dovetail jig like Alan asked. It all looks great. I love the grain.
James

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Very Nicely done Wayne, you should feel proud of those.
I 2 have recently complete a night stand, been too lazy to take pics, cause they don't look as good as yours.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Wayne, getting inset drawers just right is never easy. Nice grain selection for the legs and aprons. And you'll definitely have to teach me how to make dovetails one of these days!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Super tight dovetails! Which jig did you use?

Thanks a lot Alan!

I cut the HB DT's with a new to me Leigh Super 12" VRS that I scored from one of our members.:wsmile:

This one....

Leigh_Jig2.jpg

The ability to cut variable spaced pins/tails with this jig is a big plus. (With the Porter Cable jig I have, I am restricted to cutting all DT's in boards that are 2 1/4", 3 1/4", 4 1/4" etc.; otherwize I don't have half pins on the outside edges. ....Some of my earlier projects ended up like that!:BangHead:)

Thanks again for the feedback!

Wayne

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful, I love it. I also love your shop. Tell me about your table saw. and also tell me about your dovetail jig like Alan asked. It all looks great. I love the grain.
James

Thanks James, but the shop is just a two car garage.:embaresse

I have been using the Craftsman "zipcode" saw - 22124 for about 4 years now and have not had an ounce of trouble with it. I did remove the table board on the right side and added a MLCS RT extension. Great saw!

Thanks for your feedback. :icon_thum

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS