Twin XMAS gifts for twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi all,

A couple of years ago I built a little, tiny harpsichord for my eldest grand daughter for Christmas. Sandy has decreed (and I listen) that all of our grand kids must have one. Our twin grand kids are now three years old so this Christmas they are getting these from grandma and grandpa. They are fully functional harpsichords but in a very tiny size. Overall length is about 24". The keys are way too small for an adult to play but perfect for little 3 year old hands.

Thanks for looking and a wonderful holiday season to all.
Ernie
tinyharp1.JPG

View image in gallery

tinyharp2.JPG

View image in gallery

tinyharp3.JPG

View image in gallery

tinyharp4.JPG

View image in gallery

tinyharp5.JPG

View image in gallery

tinyharp6.JPG

View image in gallery

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Beautiful Ernie. Gonna be some lucky little ladies come Christmas. Real artistry there my friend, real artistry.

Mike

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, those are magnificent. I'd be scared they'd damage those beautiful instruments though... But I can't think of a better way to encourage them to take up music.

jhreed

New User
james
Curiosity has got the best of this old goat. What is Anna's middle name and how do you pronounce it?
James

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome work there, Ernie!

I can see two very happy little girls both this Christmas morning as well as many more years come.

They will be treasured, I am sure. The artwork is magnificent!:eusa_danc

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I continue to be awe struck at both your talent for building such beautiful instruments, as well as the artistry in the finish. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Bill

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Curiosity has got the best of this old goat. What is Anna's middle name and how do you pronounce it?
James

Anna's middle name is Mneme (pronounced knee-mee). Mneme is the Greek muse of memory. I can't remember why they gave her that name.:dontknow:

Thanks to all for your kind words. Actually, the kids are fraternal twins - one boy (Drew) and one girl (Anna). We can't get them away from our harpsichord and piano when they visit us so I hope they will get some use out of these gifts.

Ernie

cptully

New User
Chris
Ernie,
I'm blown away...:notworthy:

That is absolutely beautiful. I can only hope that by the time I am a grand father (many years away - my daughter turns 9 in Feb) that I can build something as beautiful as that!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors