Turnings then and now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedAS

New User
Ted
I picked up a new Turncrefter pro lathe with bed extension about 3 weeks ago, its been 28 years since I have done any turning. Its amazing how much I don't remember.:BangHead: This is a smaller lathe than the one I used to use but I'm having lots of fun with this one.
I thought I would share some pictures. Here is a mahogany bowl I made in the late 70's or early 80's and a pen I turned yesterday from a piece of spalted something I got out of a cutoff bin at Klingspors.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Man, you did a great job on that pen, but I think you may have to go back to a larger lathe! I really think that bowl is very good!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It looks to me like you fell off that bike and got right back on. You can turn a decent sized bowl on the Turncarfter lathe. If you got it bolted down well. I believe it has a 8" swing :dontknow:

Dave:)

Kalai

New User
Chris Kalai Allen
Hi Ted, I like the shape of the bowl and you did a great job on the pen too, keep up the good work, aloha.

Kalai

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job on both, Ted. Looks like you still have the knack!:icon_thum Love the spalted something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors