Turning s-Mock-umentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Finally, I can contribute to the wonderful world of Wood Turning High Fashion!

[YOUTUBE]MHe4XB6zsEY[/YOUTUBE]

Got this idea for the HOW Meetup Turning session. It was really helpful for those new to turning who might not otherwise have a Smock.

Plus, its led to a lot of humorous and witty commentary!

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Love the cape move, and I'm surprised nobody called you a turning schmuck :) And don't do this with long sleeves, or someone will grab them while you execute the "magic move" and turn it into a straightjacket.

The real question EVERYONE is dying to know - will a cotton/ polyester blend work as well?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I assume you saved even more by purchasing this valuable item at your local Thrift Store. :cool:
The loop will be ideal for hanging calipers from to keep from losing them. :gar-La;

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
(Scouring the Woodcraft site... can't seem to find Indonesian turning smock) :icon_scra

Come to think of it, this may be one of those "tools from a different hobby" thing that someone brought up a couple months ago. I wonder if I could find one of those at Big Lots. :)

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Was it just me or was anyone else reminded of the kind of gown they make you wear at the doctor's office? I think it was the open back. :rotflm:

Bill

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
When you find yourself on a desert island, and you are forced to build a spring pole lathe from whats left of your ships mast and a coconut tree and your tools are made from sharpened lobster claws.....

You'll come to thank me for keeping those turning shaving out of your grass skirt!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS