trying to submit a classified ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I seem to be having a problem submitting an ad. I went to the place an ad screen and filled out all the required fields including copy/pasting the address of a photo from my gallery. I have tried this three times but each time when i press the submit button nothing happens - no errors that I can see. any help would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'm hoping the Ghost in the Machine opted to fix itself and you were able to post successfully.

If not, I'll take another look.

Thanks,
Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Phil, I was able to post an Ad on your behalf.

Seems a few other adds have gone up since you reported this problem.

So, all that means is I have no idea yet :)

Can you post the details of what you are doing. Screen shots or cut-n-paste would work.

The Category page, the Category and Title Page, and the final page.

Hoping that'll give me a clue. Hope is cheap!

Jim

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I attempted to send you a copy/paste of the last screen which has the data I filled in and the sumbit new ad button on the bottom, but it would not go - it said I exceded the limit of 10000 characters and I do not know how to shorten it. I would send a screen shot but I do not know how. I sure am glad that woodworking is easier than this computer. Thanks for your help

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
If you feel like messing with it again, here are some steps that might help you out.

To get a screen capture simply hit the print screen button.
Open "Paint" and then go to the Edit menu, then paste (or just the ctrl key and the v key). That should paste your entire screen in the paint window.

Do a file save, and upload that file. Then link to it as you would any other picture in your gallery.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I tried to upload the screen image into my gallery as a photo but it will not accept the bmp format. Should I have saved it in a different format out of paint or should I be uploading it in a different manner. I only know the upload to my gallery procedure. Sorry that you are having to help with what should be such an easy task. Actually I am just trying to get rid of a router table that I no longer need, I think I will bring it to the picnic and just give it away to the first person that wants it.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Nothing to be sorry for. We are all in this together.

We don't permit bmp/bitmaps files in the gallery. Too many issues around them.

You should be able to reopen the screen shot bmp file in Paint and save as a jpeg.

If you want, we could pick a time an get on flashchat to work on tihs.

Jim

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is the screen shot of the page that never would me to submit the ad. Any suggestions?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I have a guess.

Are you pasting a link to the your Photo Gallery in the "Upload Image" box?

If I follow this correctly, based on your wonderful screen shot, this might be the problem.

Try the "Browse" button next to the Upload Image box. Find an image from your personal computer. I think thats how this feature works.

Wanna give that a try?

Jim

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks I will try your suggestion of using the browse button. I thought I could not use that as I read in the how to post photos thread that linking to photos directly from your hard drive was not allowed. If you see an ad for my router table than you suggestion worked.

Thanks, Phil

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
We have a winner!

Thanks for your patience.

I'll talk with the Webmasters regarding some ways to clarifiy what I would agree is an unclear Upload Image behavior.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS