Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

25 Acre Tract with some NICE hardwood. I love walking out in the woods expecilly when I'm handed a roll or red tape and the man says pick you out a few nice ones now :rolf: I just wished I could Identify trees better.

Sycamore and BW

Thanks

Attachments

• SYC1.jpg
    SYC1.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 297
  • SYC2.jpg
    SYC2.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 305
  • BW.jpg
    BW.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 265
M

McRabbet

Those are some fine looking trees, Jeff. The last one looks like a Red Oak; can you ID any of the leaves on the forest floor? I couldn't guess at the others...

Rob

J

jeff...

The last one is most surely a big ole BW, 24" dia at chest high, The trunk is good and straight and no a branch on it till the crotch starts. A good forest tree. It's the on in the center of the pic with the crotch.

The sycamore is 28" diameter and will make some fine QS Sycamore for the picnic.:icon_thum I'm glad the jaws on Teds mill open up to 30". He'll half the sycamore for me and I'll finish QS'ing it on my mill. It's a lot easier than ripping it open with a chain saw.

I'm really starting to get into to milling, I'm afraid there's no turning back now :eusa_thin

Thanks

Attachments

• BW2.jpg
    BW2.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 176

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
Had to break down and buy a copy of National Audubon Society Field Guide to Trees (Eastern Region).

If only remember to take it with me would be all right.

Oh, also have to remember where I left it too.

Think it's somewhere in the house.

Those are some nice links Dave.

J

jeff...

Thankfully I had Ted with me out in the woods. Ted knows his trees, I'm just learning but hoping his knowlege will rub off on me :lol:.

In the mean time Dave when you gonna write that book I've been pestering you to write?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Awesome looking trees Jeff :icon_thum
And it's nice to see pix of yourself! The wooded environment brings out the best in you :mrgreen:

Roger

J

jeff...

Awesome looking trees Jeff :icon_thum
And it's nice to see pix of yourself! The wooded environment brings out the best in you :mrgreen:

Roger

That's just an awesome forest. It's pretty uncommon to find private owned land with mature hardwoods like these anymore. If you'll notice the trees are straight even though it's on a hill side. The growth rings in these trees promises to be spectacular. Just look at the BW I'm leaning against, tall straight no branches till above the crotch and the Sycamore is nothing short of amazing. I guess you would just have to be there to really appreciate it the way I did yesterday, but then again I'm easily amused aren't I :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS