Toys For Tots Dinner- Sept. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
:eusa_dancTriangle Woodworkers will kick off their annual Toys for Tots campain with a BBQ dinner on Tuesday, Sept 11th. Triangle Woodworkers Association (TWA) is in the thirteenth year of making wooden toys to be given to the Toys for Tots program. Over the years we have built and given several thousand toys. We would like for both members and nonmembers to consider making a few toys. TWA has the wheels and axle stock for simple push cars. We would like for others to bring in any wooden toy they have either made, or received to show, so we can get some additional ideas. Toys are presented to the Marines at our Dec meeting, which includes a light social. The dinner begins with a "social time" at 6:30 PM and dinner served (buffet style) at 7:15. Menu consists of BBQ pork, fried chicken, potato salad, slaw, hush puppies, pork skins ( please don't let me into the skins) and ice tea. The cost is $10.00 per person, whether a TWA member or not. You may bring your spouse, girlfriend (or boyfriend) or both as long as they get along OK. A short program on the history of TWA's efforts will follow the meal, as well as a "Show and Tell" of the toys that have been brought in. The location is The Senior Center in Cary. It is located on Maurry O'Dell Pl. This off High House Road, one long block east of the intersection with Cary Parkway. Your check is your reservation, with reservations being accepted through Sept 3rd. Checks should be made payable to TWA, and sent to Bruce Wrenn, 12512 Holly Springs - New Hill Rd, Apex, NC 27539. Please send me a PM when mailing a check so I can be on the lookout for it. If you can't make the dinner, you can still make some toys. PM me if you have any questions, Try to include a phone #, as I talk faster than I type. Bruce- Lets use our toys to make some toys for others.:eusa_clap

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
TWA has been making toys for the Toys for Tots program for over twenty years, despite my previous post to the contrary. Due to need in to rent the building, we really need a commitment from membership here by August 10th. You don't have to be a TWA member to come. Sorry to rush up things, but if enough aren't going to attend to justify rental on the Senior Center, we need to know by August 11th. A quick yeah, or na; followed by a check if yeah, would help TWA to plan for dinner. Lets use our toys to make some toys. Irregardless of your plans, make some toys to be given to less fortunate. Bruce Wrenn

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Update on Toys for Tots dinner. Sorry to be slow reporting this, but I had an unplanned stay over at Western Wake Med last week. We have met our minmum to have dinner as planned. We now have a little over fifty coming. (The BBQ place requires a minmum of fifty.) They get almost all the ten bucks per head. The club (TWA) is having to rent the building. The rent is about $400 for the evening. This means we are subsidizing each seat to the tune of $8.00. Won't you consider coming and meeting your fellow woodworkers, even if you aren't a TWA member. Reservations can be made through Sept 1st. Coming, or not, be sure to use your toys to make some toys for the less fortunate. Bruce

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce I am a TWA member and Fred already has my $10.00. I will see you there and don't stand between me and the BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors