Toy Chest- what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
Here is a toy chest I am building for my son. It is unfinished and topless. I do plan on adding some sort of feet/legs to it, but I haven't quite figured that out either.

I want to know what you all would do to finish this. I could paint it, but would rather not if there is another option. Keep in mind that it is a toy chest for a 5 year old. Imagine metal and hard plastic trucks being thrown in it.

Also, I thought about adding a panel in the middle to make two compartments. What do you all think about that idea? Would you do that?

Toy_Chest_1.jpg

View image in gallery

steviegwood

New User
Steven
With using ply, I personally like the looks of burning with a torch and polyurethane finish. Easy to patch if it gets scarred very much. Steve

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
With using ply, I personally like the looks of burning with a torch and polyurethane finish. Easy to patch if it gets scarred very much. Steve

Do you have any pictures, or know where I can see some that show that finished product of that technique. I have never heard of it.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Alex, I do not have any photos on this computer but I have a box out in the shop that I will get some pics tomorrow for you. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS