Tool Gloat: Jet JJ-6C and HF Wet Sharpener

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Well I broke down and snagged the Jet jointer from the guy and then decided I had to have the HF Wet Sharpener after reading a few of the threads.

As far as the jointer goes I did get it for $75 from him. The only thing I forgot to grab was the push paddles. I looked at HF and Lowes but didn't find any. I will keep looking. I am extremly happy with the Jointer I ran a piece of wood trying to get the feel for it. After I waxed the bed it ran alot better. I noticed the serial number on it is in the 400's. I am trying to find out when this was manufactured, just haven't looked all over it yet. It cuts the wood great. The knives are in great shape. The bed is level so I am feeling pretty good about the purchase. Thanks everyone for the input in my other thread. Here are a couple of pics from the shop.

IMG_1104_1.jpg

IMG_1108_1.jpg

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Congratulations Kevin ! I think that you got a great deal on the jointer. Let us know how the HF grinder works out also.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
NICE SCORE!! Sounds like you racked up this weekend!

On the push paddles, you can get some grout floats from the tiling section at Lowes and use them. The kind with the rubber pad on the bottom. Another member on here (rsitzejr) uses them and says they're great.

Enjoy your new tools/toys. Make sure and give a good review on that sharpener, I need something similar!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
YOU ROCK!

Looking forward to see how that HF system works.

As for the jointer pads ... DO NOT USE THOSE! Very dangerous! They come with the jointers, but they should be thrown away. They don't offer much grip and leave your hands in bad places. Just make a simple, long, pushstick on a bandsaw and use that. If you want, we can make you one Tuesday if you make it.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Kevin, ley us know how the grinder works. I am in the market for something that is quicker than my current method of sharpening. Great snag on the jointer. YOU ROCK!!!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks guys... I am real excited about both of them. I stayed up late last night and played with sharpening a couple of the cheap HF lathe tools and it got them sharp. I am learning to use it but I will try and take some pics and do a review after I have used it for a little bit. I need to get a couple of the jigs to see how they are but so far doing it freehand on the toolrest is proving pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS