too nice for a bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
My wife and I are getting the house ready to go on the market. In an attempt to get more money I decided to put new vanity's in the bathrooms among other things. I am also trying to work the wood stack down so as not to have to move a bunch of lumber. Problem is all I have is figured wood (not really a problem). This is my son's bath WIP. It needs a granite top, but for the money, it's getting this formica one I whipped up. It is curly cherry and qtr sawn white oak. No hate mail for using this in the bathroom please:-D.

Attachments

• vanity.jpg
    vanity.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 181
  • vanity2.jpg
    vanity2.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 187
  • vanity1.jpg
    vanity1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 185

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Beautiful cabinet. What is the wood you used on the side of the drawers? I have used some of it myself but don't know what it is. Lorraine

skosc18

New User
Scott
This is probably a dumb quesiton but i'm still new to this so I'll ask it anyways. What did you use to finish that? I'm curious as to whether you would need a more moisture resistant finish for a piece for a bathroom. I figure the steam from the shower could definately cause a higher moisture level.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome Rhett. It's too nice for the bathroom and to leave with the house. I can help to reduce that figured wood stack down...if you need any :icon_thum

Dave:)

rhett

New User
rhett
Beautiful cabinet. What is the wood you used on the side of the drawers? I have used some of it myself but don't know what it is. Lorraine

Qtr sawn W Oak. The drawer is pocket hole construction to save time. It is on blumotion slides.

rhett

New User
rhett
This is probably a dumb quesiton but i'm still new to this so I'll ask it anyways. What did you use to finish that? I'm curious as to whether you would need a more moisture resistant finish for a piece for a bathroom. I figure the steam from the shower could definately cause a higher moisture level.

2 coats pre-catalyzed laquer over 1 coat vinyl sealer. Its a very durable finish.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Gorgeous! Concealed slides as well. Way too nice for a home you aren't staying in. If you have too much wood I would be happy to come by and pick some up for you! No charge either!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow!!! The title says it all..."too nice for a bathroom". Gorgeous wood.

I hope it helps you fetch a nice price on the house. :icon_thum

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors