To smash or not to smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
OK I have a unwanted carcase in my shop that has to go.

I designed this thing for my old shop to serve as high "42" work bench to do detailed work and to store my balsa wood in. It's 100" wide 36" deep 39.5" high with six 6-5/8"x45"x34-3/4" drawers.

This was my second wood working project. I used biscuit joints on most of it but tried rabbit joints as drawer supports. The rabbits didn't come out very well but the biscuit joints came out well.

Anyway I have a new shop and I don't need this thing any more. So I'm perplexed what to do with it. Should I just take the castors off and smash it up, or should I finish it and put it up on ebay for what it would cost me to finish building it?

BenchChest001.jpg

BenchChest002.jpg

BenchChest003.jpg

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
OK I have a unwanted carcase in my shop that has to go.

I designed this thing for my old shop to serve as high "42" work bench to do detailed work and to store my balsa wood in. It's 100" wide 36" deep 39.5" high with six 6-5/8"x45"x34-3/4" drawers.

This was my second wood working project. I used biscuit joints on most of it but tried rabbit joints as drawer supports. The rabbits didn't come out very well but the biscuit joints came out well.

Anyway I have a new shop and I don't need this thing any more. So I'm perplexed what to do with it. Should I just take the castors off and smash it up, or should I finish it and put it up on ebay for what it would cost me to finish building it?

My gut feeling is that you would not be able to get your price on Ebay. Even if it was for your material costs. If I found something like that by the curb, I would drag it home to salvage for the lumber. Basically, cut out all the clear pieces and burn or chip the rest.

Have an outdoor use for it? Potting station, compost jacket (take a couple of years to fail), Wheel around tool carrier?

Good luck.

bash

New User
bash
If it were me, I would put it on craigslist as is for X dollars. If it did not sale within a few days, I would do some sawzall deconstruction saving the 2-bys, castors, etc. and toss the rest.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
cut it at the joints,save casters and material; You and I know that it will get re purposed. shelf supports, dust separators inside cabinets, glue blocks etc etc ad infinitum :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Do you have an outfeed table for your tablesaw? mobile worktable with laminate top? that happens to be tablesaw height? :rotflm:

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Thanks Kevin. Yeah, those planes are infesting my woodworking shop like rats! LOL

Let me know when you get ready to get back into it. I'll get you back up to speed.

There have been technical advances and new government regulations. Not to mention that 75% of the old RC company have gone out of business or have been absorbed into the larger companies.

Mitch

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks Kevin. Yeah, those planes are infesting my woodworking shop like rats! LOL

Let me know when you get ready to get back into it. I'll get you back up to speed.

There have been technical advances and new government regulations. Not to mention that 75% of the old RC company have gone out of business or have been absorbed into the larger companies.

Mitch

Yeah I'm figuring in the next year or so. My son is 5 now I'm hoping to get the simulator back on the computer and let him play with that and see about getting back into it then. The biggest thing up this way is finding a field to fly at. I think there is one in Huntersville.

I love building them. I'd like to get another kit at some point and start building.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Dunno about eBay for an item like that, but the list of things I have NOT been able to sell on Craigslist is pretty short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS