Tis the season for giving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
and of course, receiving.

I made 10 potpourri boxes for family and friends and a walnut plaque for a friend's wife who recently completed her first marathon.

SOOOOO, whadja get!

I received a set of 6 Asley Iles bevel edge chisels, a Japanese pull saw, and a Delta SS350LS scroll saw. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

The chisels are going to take some getting used to. They are a little longer than my Marples set. I hope to play with them a little bit this afternoon/tomorrow. Raining too hard right now. If I can't get comfortable with them I may trade them for the American style (shorter) AI chisels.

Technically, the scroll saw was a gift for LOML, purchased a few days ago. I wanted to get her interested in scrolling because I don't always have the patience required. But, she got a little bit intimidated with the blade jumping off the bottom clamp and the resultant noise it made so I think it's going to take a while to get her to use it. We'll see how that goes. If she won't use it, then I guess I'm stuck with it. :lol: :lol:

Pics below.

Merry Christmas to all. :-D

Chuck

Attachments

• ashley iles chisels small.JPG
    ashley iles chisels small.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 174
  • scroll saw small.JPG
    scroll saw small.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 167
  • hand saw small.JPG
    hand saw small.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 158

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Good score Chuck. I hope that doesn't get discouraged or overwhelmed to easy, because I'm sure she will enjoy it when she completes her first piece on her on.

cskipper

Cathy
Chuck, tell your wife that I still jump a mile when the blade gets free and the saw makes all that racket. I am quicker in hitting the power switch, but it's still startling. I'll go through long periods without it happening, then it seems to be a frequent occurrence. If you can get her to cut something the bug will probably bite. I had a terrible time following the line - the "instructor" in my first class about gave up on me. I couldn't decide if I wanted to saw clockwise or counter-clockwise. Still do it both ways. And am somewhat better about following the lines. If I can help, let me know.

BTW - that looks like the saw that I have.

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Nice score Chuck. Neat boxes, I just don't have the patience for scroll work myself.

BTW, I have that same saw, and can say I have been quite pleasantly surprised with it. Let me know what you think about the chisels. I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and your post got me to thinking about getting a better set myself.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Yeah, those longer handles may give you fits. Tell ya what. Send 'em to me and I'll replace 'em with some shorter Irwin/Marples so you won't have to get used to 'em.:rolf::rolf:

You SUCK!!

Great gloat:-D:-D

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors