tips for burning/etching/stamping a logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonc

New User
jak
I need some help here.
I am making some boxes for a company.And they would like their logo on the front.I was hoping to buy a woodburner and have it made with their logo,since I will be doing this about 100-500 times(yet to be determined,at least 100 as of now).
But those @ $100 burners don't offer underlines and block letters.And to have one made with a "LOGO" is about $250 and 8 weeks!!
So I was hoping for an alternative.Possibly stamping?Although I haven't seen anything to do this with as yet...
Any suggestions?
Thanks for any suggestion.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
CNC Router. Don't know if he's a NCWW but he does belong to the Western NC club.His email is tmerrill@mchsi.com. Transportation from Hillsborough to Hendersonville might be a concern so there are probably others closer to you with CNC's.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Christopheralan is a great wood burner. I am not sure he has done any mass production but I would not hesitate to PM him for advise.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I second the laser engraving suggestion. You can create the logo on the computer and give it to a laser engraver who can reproduce it exactly. I'm sure you could work out a deal for reduced rates based on the quantity your are talking about.

You might consider laser engraving a whole "page" of logos on a thin sheet of wood and then applique each to a box. Or, they could even laser cut out the logos for you and not just engrave them. This would give you the appearance of raised lettering. It is amazing how detailed laser drawings in wood can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS