Thread closing auto notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is there anyway to exclude Thread Closings from the auto notification system. I did some major house cleaning last night and closed many old threads (yea, I've been slackin' :oops: ) and now many members are getting a lot of notifications that their threads have been closed. Several are inquiring if they had done something wrong to have their threads closed :roll: I think that the auto notification for edited, deleted or otherwise moderated threads is great, but notification of closed threads isn't really necessary and can lead to undue confusion.
Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yes, that could be changed. But my first thought is that we (Monty:lol: )should announce the policy and leave it at that for now. When I put in the Auto close function, I'll make sure that the message says why it is being closed.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
But my first thought is that we (Monty:lol: )should announce the policy and leave it at that for now.

I think that is a very good idea. I have gotten several more PMs of confusion. If I can make the annoucement I would be more than willing (if Monty is busy :-D )

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Not in the Webmasters Announcements, but I could in the Members Announcements.

Monty

New User
Monty
Sorry guys... I'm in Chicago, so not online as frequently. Thanks for making the announcement, Dave. I agree it was needed.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Chicago?????.............Who in the heck approved this little boondoggle?:lol: Have a save one Monty. I hope all is well.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS