Those darn designer mags ... git me in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Ok well not really in trouble, but diffently means more work for me.

Started out this past summer when the LONL saw one of these. Then of course she wasn't happy till I built one.

Then she gits that darn pottery barn mag from a friend. sees one of these, rolls her eyes at me, (you guys know what I mean) and off I go to the drawing table. Completed this in a week.

Not to bad, I guess.
I even got the trim out to look just like the picture in the mag.

Well I hope that I did these pictures right. Picture taking isn't one of my strong traits.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Those look GREAT! LOML has recently taken to looking in my ww mags, and actually found pieces she wants me to make! can there be much better?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
just fixed that a moment ago!:BangHead::BangHead:

maybe they're right now?

Last edited:

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nice work John, with that type of open design there is little way to hide poor joinery and in your case no need to :eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
John,

VERY nice work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Maybe I should go buy a few of those mags so the LOML can "get me into trouble." ;-) :lol: If it is something that she really wants and I can't afford it, I can usually talk her into buying the wood. :gar-shock Excellent work, thanks so much for sharing!

Trent

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Both projects look FANTASTIC! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap And you completed the entertainment center in one week? That's just wrong..... :notworthy::notworthy: Pretty pictures too.

He he....I think I'll send LOYL a copy of "Highrises Monthly" - build _that_! :)

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Note to moderators- implement new rule which states you can not tell how long a project takes to build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work,even the pictures :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap!

I told the LOML I would have to move to China to build anything pictured in the Pottery Barn mag. She wanted to know how much shipping would be :rotflm:.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Excellent work, John!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I too have trouble comprehending how you completed that beautiful entertainment center in just one week!:notworthy:notworthy

(I think that I would be spending too much time in front of that way cool flatscreen monitor!!!!)

You will have to start teaching the rest of us :newbie:'s some more efficient work ethics!!:oops:

Thanks for posting!

Wayne

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Great job Mac,

Maybe you and the LOYL can move to Tibet and live in a cave away from all of those magazines and catalogs:icon_bigg, Nah it would never work.... just like old JC Whitney catalogs never stop coming:BangHead: I'm sure the USPS would find a way to get the mail there.

Jimmy:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great looking entertainment center!
Glad LOYL is happy, but you're making it tough on the rest of us :mrgreen:

Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
I'm in awe. :notworthy:

I still need to do too much stuff with the house and cars before I get turned loose to make sawdust again.:wsad:

:kermit: Steve

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great work on both projects, John! I couldn't build that entertainment center in 6 months!:notworthy:
I know what you mean about those mags causing trouble...

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Great looking work but what do you mean "finished"?

We moved into our home in Lillington in Dec. I was going to have a shop again!! Spent over Xmas and through January running all over buying bargains from Craigslist. Now, I thought, I can build some cool work benches and some adirondack chairs. Not! Wife says she wants new arbor and trellis for yard first. I have stalled as long as I can. I guess I start the arbor on Saturday!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mac, can I get my Elves back now :lol::lol::lol:

Things have really slowed down in my shop with them on lend :eusa_doh:

Beautiful work, and most hasty too :icon_thum

Dave:)

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Thanks all for the compliments.
I am retired, so my time is mine. Well OK my time is her's:argue:.

If someone hasn't called me up with a project or a job that they want me to do, I'm in the shop.

Clowman, I'm doing well. I have the pieces cut out for the bed, but still missing some QSRO. We need to get together and talk shop.

Hey no sending my wife any more mags:qleft7:, it's bad enough that she gets to my ww mags before I do. You know she holds them until she has gone thru them and bent the corners down on special pages:frown3qg:.

But then again she won't say too much when I go out and buy a tool.

DaveO, thanks for the elves, but I'm saending them back, they ate all the good cookies :rolf:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Nice work, John. The adjustable shelves are a nice touch. Some will think you bought it, then you gently point out that YOU MADE IT. :icon_chee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS