This big

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Now just to show how big it really is, this should give you some idea of the size :gar-Bi

Thanks for looking

bigturnning2.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice Earl! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up I'm guessing there's some jatoba in there. :eusa_thin Time for a beginner question. How did you turn it? Two pieces and a glue up or did you turn the whole thing as one piece? If so, how in the world did you do it?

I apologize if I asked too many questions, but I would love to know how you did it. A few weeks ago, I attempted a bowl with a semi-closed top and took a beating from it and ended up with little success. I would love to know how you did it.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Very nice Earl! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up I'm guessing there's some jatoba in there. :eusa_thin Time for a beginner question. How did you turn it? Two pieces and a glue up or did you turn the whole thing as one piece? If so, how in the world did you do it?

I apologize if I asked too many questions, but I would love to know how you did it. A few weeks ago, I attempted a bowl with a semi-closed top and took a beating from it and ended up with little success. I would love to know how you did it.

Most is Jatoba yes

I turned the bottom half to just above the open segments, then turned the top half married them and turned the joint.
Using a home made face plate, steady rest, and all Oland turning tools :gar-La;

This is the bottom half ready for the top piece
DSC02705.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS