The Woodworking Source in Mooresville, anyone been there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Hey All,
I’m looking for a local company to purchase lumber from for my projects and saw this company in the sidebar on the right side of the page. The name is “The Woodworking Source” located in Mooresville. Has anyone ever been there and can tell me what they thought about the place? Lumber nice (according to the grade)? Good quantity to look through?
Are there local sawmills (site members sawmills) to me? I’m located just north of Charlotte in Huntersville. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Red

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Hey All,
I’m looking for a local company to purchase lumber from for my projects and saw this company in the sidebar on the right side of the page. The name is “The Woodworking Source” located in Mooresville. Has anyone ever been there and can tell me what they thought about the place? Lumber nice (according to the grade)? Good quantity to look through?
Are there local sawmills (site members sawmills) to me? I’m located just north of Charlotte in Huntersville. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Red

I have been there-------no problems.

Rick, the owner is a member of NCWW, is good to work with. You can buy a board at the time if that is yhe way you need it. He has some good looking lumber in stock------I was there this past Friday.

Jerry

PChristy

New User
Phillip
YOU CANNOT GO WRONG THERE:no::no: GREAT PLACE TO SHOP.

I have been there-------no problems.

Rick, the owner is a member of North Carolina Woodworker, is good to work with. You can buy a board at the time if that is yhe way you need it. He has some good looking lumber in stock------I was there this past Friday.

Jerry

+1 - Rick is a great person to work with - If he doesn't have it I am sure he will get it for you

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The Woodworking Source is probably a good bet. Not only are the prices fair (and better than fair), but you also get to shop around a bit for tools & talk w/ Rick! hehe

The Woodworking Source won't have all of the exotics, but species like white oak, sapale, cypress, maple, walnut, and cherry should be in good quantity usually.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
+ 1 on the recommendation for Rick.

Also, another one of our members - Kyle Edwards - operates a sawmill in Iron Station and is a great source for large walnut and exoctics.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I just wish I lived as close to Rick's place as you do! He is one of NCWW's greatest assets.

Barbara

bwat

New User
Bill
++100 for Rick & "The Source". If Rick has it or can get it you will not find a better person to work with:icon_thum You are lucky to be so close!

LeeNC

New User
Lee
+ 1 on the recommendation for Rick.

Also, another one of our members - Kyle Edwards - operates a sawmill in Iron Station and is a great source for large walnut and exoctics.

+1 more. Both are great members of the forum and just good people!

rbdoby

New User
Rick
I've bought lumber from both Rick and Kyle. Both have good lumber and good prices. You will not regret dealing with either of them.

Rick Doby

SawBuck

New User
Lonnie
Same from me. You will be glad you went there! Rick is a great resource for materials and equipment, not to mention great advice too.

-SawBuck

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Wow! I guess I have to go and see what it's all about. I will talk to Rick. Thanks for all the responses. You all are great!

By chance does anyone know the days and hours of operation? I probably won't get there until after new years. I can also call them then to find the hours.

Red

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Rick is there during the weekdays from about 8am until 5pm. Saturday he is there from eightish until at least three pm.

timf67

New User
Tim
If you visit Rick, just be careful! I went looking for some lumber and came home with one of these!:wink_smil

IMG00153.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors