The Mustard Monster Has Landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
:cool:

I was happy to come home Thursday to find this at my house ...
Sept_2008_557.jpg

However, I've been busy with work and couldn't touch it until today ...

So I started unpacking ...
Sept_2008_568.jpg

Sept_2008_581.jpg

and with a little heavy lifting help from Phillip (ptt49er) we were able to get it under some legs!
Sept_2008_595.jpg

As you can imagine ... I'm grinning ear to ear. I hope this is the last lathe I ever have to buy! :eusa_danc

To welcome it to the shop, I also picked up a set of jumbo jaws for the chuck.
Sept_2008_600.jpg

And while all this happened, my little girl enjoyed the box it came in (so much, I've now moved it into the house for a day or two)
Sept_2008_582.jpg

Sept_2008_587.jpg

Thanks for everyone who gave me their feedback and suggestions...

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Oh man that is awesome. Can I come over and test drive it?

YOU ROCK!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Cool!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Sorry I couldn't make it over to help you set it up:tinysmile_cry_t:

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! Jeremy. Good choice on the lathe. If you out grow that lathe you will have attained the "master turner" title.

Jerry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Way Coooollll!!!!

I thought you had been quiet on the tool acquisition front lately. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Dude... That is awesome. Hopefully one of these days I can have one like that. There must be an offical first turning party.. :)

J

jeff...

It sure is shinny - what's it used for? A Cage, A light and Jumbo Jaws :eusa_thin

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Pretty nice tool Jeremy :) But I'm with your daughter, I prefer the box :rolf:

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Jeremey,

Congrats! I have the same lathe/extension. Very cool. One warning tough. I ran out and bought a hunk of tree that would more or less fill the off-of-the-end turning capacity to make what turned out to be a surprisingly large bowl. I discovered that it takes a little getting used to having 70-some pounds of wood turning right in front of you. It would probably be less scary to work up to the big end of that lathes capacity.....

bluthart

New User
Brian
Nice catch! I am still living mine - making a mess daily. I have a bunch of sapele 10/4 turning blanks if you want to come get some. Maybe you could bring your sharpener along!!
Brian

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I ended up getting it a couple months earlier than I had planned ... but I'm not complaining.

Tom - Your feedback on the end turning is right along the lines I was thinking. I'm going to have to work up to that end!

Brian - If I can get up that way, I'll definately bring my grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS