The calendar contest has prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
my mistake - I responded without thinking, at least that is my excuse. please disregard and may the normal voting start

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
where and when do we "go" to vote?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Go to the 2014 calendar Gallery and vote for your favorites in each sub-category.

Sorry for the confusion.

ehpoole

Ethan
I feel dumb. I went to the gallery, then chose the cover category, but I see no way to vote.

Susan,

No need to feel dumb, Ken was a little too far out front... I'd said we were ready to turn on voting, not that we had turned on voting. Sorry about that.

I finally had a chance to login this morning and turn on voting so voting is now enabled for the "2014 Calendar Contest" categories under our Gallery area. Underneath each photo is a single "vote" link, simply click on this link for the one photo within each category (i.e. one vote per each of the five categories) that you most admire and wish to vote for.

Although it did take a couple hours to find the new (well buried) permission they've added (to the PhotoPost Pro Gallery plugin) that was keeping voting disabled until one first enables "rating photos" elsewhere in the plugin (I'm sure this permission gotcha for voting must have made sense in some developer's universe, but certainly not in mine!).

PS - I'll try to find some time to make another sidebar ad promoting the voting when I get a chance in a couple days or so, but we'll need to decide when exactly we'll be ending voting for my announcement... thanks in advance for the info!

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
Susan,

No need to feel dumb, Ken was a little too far out front... I'd said we were ready to turn on voting, not that we had turned on voting. Sorry about that.

I finally had a chance to login this morning and turn on voting so voting is now enabled for the "2014 Calendar Contest" categories under our Gallery area. Underneath each photo is a single "vote" link, simply click on this link for the one photo within each category (i.e. one vote per each of the five categories) that you most admire and wish to vote for.

Although it did take a couple hours to find the new (well buried) permission they've added (to the PhotoPost Pro Gallery plugin) that was keeping voting disabled until one first enables "rating photos" elsewhere in the plugin (I'm sure this permission gotcha for voting must have made sense in some developer's universe, but certainly not in mine!).

PS - I'll try to find some time to make another sidebar ad promoting the voting when I get a chance in a couple days or so, but we'll need to decide when exactly we'll be ending voting for my announcement... thanks in advance for the info!

Not all entries are available to see yet. Perhaps voting should be disabled until that is finished?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm reaching out to Andy and Ethan to try to get this resolved. Will let you know what we find.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
I'm reaching out to Andy and Ethan to try to get this resolved. Will let you know what we find.

It's cool, Ken. You know we sent the stuff, so it'll work out. And if it doesn't, just let us know.

I didn't think to say anything until I saw that voting had been unleashed, and then it seemed like I needed to speak up.

Last edited:

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
This is all fixed now, thanks to Ethan.

Ken and I combined cannot get a task done correctly, so be warned: Ken & I mean well, but that may not be enough! :nah:

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
Yes. Alan & I wanted to participate, since we can only rarely provide demos etc. and yet we derive such huge benefits from this site & this group of people.

It is always nice to see people's work, and I hope we can continue to do something to showcase NCWW work every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS