Tenon jig put to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I want to thank PeteM for the great visit to his home, A good deal on a tenon jig and for taking me over to WoodWrangler's place. I thought I had met Jeremy before but, I guess like so many others here we knew so much about each other from this great community that we both thought we had met in person.

I wasted no time getting the jig set up, aligned and put to use. No pics of the jig but here is what I made.

IMG_01641.JPG

Only a high level Boy Scout might know what it is, but there is more to the story.

The rock inset into the triangle is from Table Rock on Turtle Island, the site of the very first ceremony of The Order of the Arrow.

I made this for my son who was tapped for Vigil this week. Vigil is the highest honor in the Order of the Arrow which is the honor society of the Boy Scouts of America.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Hey Mike - Glad it worked out for you :icon_thum
good job on the frame.
and congrats again to your son!!!

pete

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
A very clever and simple way to support/secure the rock. Mike!!!:thumbs_up

Pass along my congrats to your son. Great achievement! Again!

You must be very proud of that young fella!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member
Hey Mike, that looks great.. did you spend time at Raven Knob, this week? Can't count the times I was there with my sons....also both had the red arrows...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My whole family and a lot of friends were up there, but I was ill and in the bed Wednesday night.

I watched a movie of it though.

Collin was the chief in the ceremony and near the end somebody sneaked up behind him, yanked off his bonnet and tapped him. He didn't have a clue.

But, yeah. I've spent a lot of time up there and he has worked as camp counselor one summer and is at a church camp this week working as a youth counselor.

Last summer he worked on the Arrow Core 5 trail crew at Washington Nat Park in VA.

Last month he spent two weeks at Philmont. He's registered to work out there next summer. He's done a lot for an 18 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors