Tauton Book Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottathought

New User
Michael
Actually...
This is a really good idea.
Perhaps if some of the more advanced people here can suggest books in different areas of woodworking for us newbies.
There are a ton of books out there. It would really help to know which books are the better ones.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Actually...
This is a really good idea.
Perhaps if some of the more advanced people here can suggest books in different areas of woodworking for us newbies.
There are a ton of books out there. It would really help to know which books are the better ones.

One of the best I have is "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction" by Andy Rae (Taunton Press). Good info on tools, jigs, construction techniques, wood movement, design, etc. A wealth of info that gets down to business, assuming you already know the basics on how to operate your tools, but does not assume you have a full production shop like Norm.

From me it gets :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Go

lottathought

New User
Michael
Well I picked up 2 of the 3 books listed.

I got "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction" by Andy Rae (Taunton Press).

I also got John White's Care and Repair of Shop Machines.

Maybe my sawdust will fall nicer...:mrgreen:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
If you don't mind a slightly used book (and many are still new), also check HALF.COM (owned by eBay now, but still in service). I pick up a lot of WWing books on there for cheap (like $3 plus shipping).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS