Table Leg Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbvilla

New User
Dawn
I am looking for table leg brackets. Ones that attach the table legs to the apron. Does any one have any ideas about where I could find these.
Thanks,
Dawn

dbvilla

New User
Dawn
Thank you so much.... That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the welcome and I do LOVE this site.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dawn, welcome to the site. I hope the link Dave posted for you is what you were looking for. Please stop by the "Who We Are" forum and drop us a post to give us a brief introduction on yourself. we would love to hear a little about you as well as hearing about any projects you are working on.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dawn, you're very welcome. Personally I would consider using mortise and tenon or dowel joinery over using those metal brackets. But the brackets do allow you to disassemble the table for transporting or storage, and they're a lot easier to use. Let us all know and see how the table turns out.
Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I've used them on a dining table I built because it was necessary to be able to take it apart to move it. They work great, are rock solid and very easy to work with. The hardest part is actually the hanger bolt but if you make a "V" brace to hold the leg and a drill press to drill it goes quite well.

Put 2 nuts on the hanger bolt and tighten them against each other and then you can use a socket wrench to drive the hangers in. Once it's in the nuts come back off easily.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I saw that link, and thought that it looked like my 17 M.O. daughter got control of the keyboard. Imagine my surprise when it worked!

sapwood

New User
Roger
NCPete said:
I saw that link, and thought that it looked like my 17 M.O. daughter got control of the keyboard. Imagine my surprise when it worked!

:rolf:

I though it was DNA code :mrgreen:

Sapwood

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Dawn, When I was teaching school, got to see a lot of table legs. Some were fastened to metal brackets, while some were fastened to wood brackets. Both fastened with hanger bolts screwed into legs on one corner, and then fastened to diagonal brackets (wood or metal) with nuts and washers. Being that you are a woodworker, it just makes sense to use wood (scraps of hardwood such as oak, maple or ash) to make your own. The metal ones had to have a slot cut into apron to work, while the wood ones were just screwed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS