table for SIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I didnt spend much time sanding or finnishing this because it is going to be and outside table. it will be under roof but otherwise exposed to the elements. the top is a corian sink cutout that SIL brought to me from her new old house. looks like it was used for a cutting board!:crybaby2: i sanded some of the scratches out but it is what it is!:eusa_thin the wood is western red cedar that was recycled from a bed i made about 22 years ago. pocket screws attach the apron to the top and lags hold the legs in place. 5 coats of oil is the only finish its gonna get!8-O

Attachments

• TABLE2.JPG
    TABLE2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 158
  • TABLE1.JPG
    TABLE1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 149

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice table Fred! Some of you guys do better work "casually" than I can do with my best efforts! Nice inlay of the corian.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
That's a fine looking project and a great use of "scrap" material. Kudos to you! :eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Fred,
You dressed up that corian beautifully. The color contrast in the top design really sets it off. :icon_thum Did you turn the legs also???

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,
You dressed up that corian beautifully. The color contrast in the top design really sets it off. :icon_thum Did you turn the legs also???

Roger

legs turned yes:-D but i cheeted! got to try out the vega duplicater i got from LOML for christmas last year.:icon_thum love it!!!!!!!

mburke911

New User
Mark
I like it! How well to you think it will hold up in the elements? Curious about what you expect it's lifespan to be?

Mark

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I like it! How well to you think it will hold up in the elements? Curious about what you expect it's lifespan to be?

Mark

I dont realy know.;-) cedar holds up ok outdoors and corian should be great. it will be out of direct sun and rain. the inlayed corners are brazilian cherry glued in with tightbond 2. that may be a problem in time but its what i had on hand so it is what it is!:-D maybe i will be paid for the replacement!:rolf:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The table looks great - I also like the corner accent! :icon_thum

So...when you gonna make the adirondack chairs or rockers to go with the lovely table? :lol: :lol:

Chuck

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
The table looks great - I also like the corner accent! :icon_thum

So...when you gonna make the adirondack chairs or rockers to go with the lovely table? :lol: :lol:

Chuck

NOT!!!!!:rolf: they already got chairs.:eusa_pray

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Reminds me of an old TV screen as well. I think Fred has surpassed DaveO in project completion speed.

Looks good Fred! I do like the contrast.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Reminds me of an old TV screen as well. I think Fred has surpassed DaveO in project completion speed.

Looks good Fred! I do like the contrast.

nope not me! i just wait till i got several done before i find the camera.:eusa_clap

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
So, do the corner accents cover the heads of lag bolts?

Good use of available resources. Got to keep those ladies in the family happy. :lol:

no. the corners have biskits & gra.... er um glue! sorry.. aint had breakfast yet!:rolf: the skirts are done with pocket screws and glue and i put braces in the corners for the leg lags to bolt to. the lags are machine threads on one end and wood screw on the other. they are attached to the leg and placed through a hole in the corner brace. like what you would see with a store bought table. this way it can be disasembled for transport to VA in her smallish car. i find these lags layin all over the place at work. the stair guys dont use em all so they get throwed out. i hate waste!:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors