Storage Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Ok so as promised here is some of the progress. I won't get to do the finishing before I leave but it should be completely assembled and functional today.
Tenon_in_process.jpg

View image in gallery
This is a rail, one of eight of a hand sawn tenon. It is a difficult task to say the least. All the rails and legs and panel stiles are QSWO. Most of which I got from Chris as CB burls that I picked up from the picnic.
As you can see the panels are Walnut. I resawed 4/4 walnut on my table saw and planed it to 1/4" they sit in just held in by the rails. I just made the lid yesterday and will be getting pictures of that today.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Hey Zach! Glad to see you're getting a chance to make a little sawdust. That hand cut tenon looks pretty darn good to me. I like the Walnut/White Oak combination. I've been experimenting w/ mixed woods lately and kinda like the effect. :icon_thum

Stay in touch and let us know if you happen to be in the Piedmont area long enough for lunch.

Bill

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Well, my camera (phone) committed suicide so I spent this afternoon trying to get my phone fixed and being not successful. So I have no pics to share... but the project is officially suspended until I it back to my family around Christmas :thumbs_do I really hate living this far away from my family. Anyway, I finished the lid (minus some sanding to fit), finished to planking for the bottom and finished the filler strips for the top of the lid. The lid is solid walnut, the planking in the bottom is aromatic cedar and the legs are quartersawn white oak that I laminated the non-flecking side with flecking 1/4" thick. You can see flecking on all sides, looks nice. I'll supply some pics around christmas as I finish it. Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS