Steaming hot workshop less than 10 weeks away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Phil announced this a few days ago:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f23/calling-all-bowyer-bender-wanabees-24806/

It is a steam bending workshop with a bow building demo/presentation on October 3rd at his place in Raleigh. Not much response (no locals that can make it replied) yet, but it is only July and that isn't until October. But July is almost over and that is very early October, so it is actually only 9 weeks from this Saturday.

I am going to be doing a hands on show and tell about bows and I hope to bring some saplings that can be used as bow staves or bent into canes. That is assuming we get some participants, of course.

We are trying to raise some funds for the site also, asking that participants donate at least $10. Phil has offered a nice lunch and if there is enough participation, there might be a door prize...

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wish I could be there but I will be in Asheville that W-E. Let me know if you plan a 2nd one or change the date.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Wayne,

Not sure; I will have to defer to Phil, but I think it will be 9:00 or so.

Scott,

I see we are up against WoodWorks. We did have some flexibility when Phil and I were coming up with the date. We should probably stick with it for a bit and see what the response is. I would encourage any others who thought about it but have a conflict to post also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS