State of the Shop - President's Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
This is my final President’s message. In eight days my term as President will end and Rob’s term begins. I am making this post now as I will be traveling next week and do not know what my access to the Internet will be like. This post is mostly reminiscence. It has been a pleasure to serve North Carolina Woodworker.

While we have thanked Steve Coles many times in the past, I would like to add my thanks one more time. As I have told him and others numerous times, I could not have done what he did in the creation of this place. Steve has also been a wonderful resource during my presidency, willing to be a sounding board whenever I asked.

The first Board of Directors I served on included Dave O, Gator, Roger Deese, Toolferone, Rob, and Steve. Steve asked these people to be on that Board as he began the transition from a self-run organization to what it is now. I express my thanks to each of these individuals for their time, efforts, thoughts and friendship.

The next Board consisted of Rob, Travis Porter, Scott Smith, Scott Miller, Tracy P., and Stuart. This was my first Presidency, and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to these people for their hard work and their willingness to work together for the greater good of NCWW. A lot of work had to be done and a great many things were learned during this period. We figured out how to budget things, how much advance time we needed to properly run our events, how to communicate with one another and how we run our Board meetings, and began the process of becoming a non-profit organization.

The last Board included Rob, Tracy P., Scott Miller, Joe Scharle, CaptnA, and Trent. In this period we successfully completed the work to be recognized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization by the IRS, and we smoothed out a lot of the rough edges in our operations.

To all the Board members: MY sincere thanks.

There have been many people that were not Board members that have pulled laboring oars. The moderators, who do a virtually thankless job, deserve those missing thanks. They are a huge part in why our organization is the civil and friendly place it is. It would be remiss of me not to mention Jim (Froglips) and Bas with regard to the work they do as Admins. With Tracy they keep the Internet side of NCWW running.

I also want to say thank you to the members of NCWW for your continued interest in woodworking, your willingness to help one another out, and for the friendship. While I am stepping down from the Board I will still be an active member of the organization. (And now I can buy raffle tickets!)

I wish the new Board the best and I am confident in the people that have been elected. I hope that anyone that did not win a seat on the Board over the years will consider running again in a future election. See you on-line.

Doug

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Doug, Thanks to you and everyone else that makes this great site happen:eusa_danc

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey Doug,

Thank you for all of the work that you have done ! I'm glad to know that you now have more time to carry on with some of your other endeavours. You and all of the past and present people working for this site (including Steve, BOD, administrators, etc,) are what have helped form this site and keep it friendly and local.

Kudos to you and all who have selflessly given your time :eusa_clap.

M

McRabbet

Kudos, Mr. Robinson, Kudos! Thanks for your long term service to the organization -- we'll undoubtedly call on you to be one of our key sounding boards as we move into the 7th year of NCWW!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for all you have done for the site, Doug!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I have been kickin' around here for some time and honestly say that with every year that goes by, this community gets stronger and more professional with each passing month. I can only believe that these results can only be attributed through hard work and perseverance as you and the BOD have put forth. For this I am grateful!!!!

Thanks again Doug..................now you will have some time in the shop and begin posting some of your own project pics!!!!:wsmile:

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
"Thank you" seems like an inadequate phrase. I really do appreciate all of your hard work and dedication, but mostly a willing ear and amazing patience. Thank you so very much!

b4man

New User
Barbara
Doug,

Thank you for your part in growing us to be a wonderful organization. Your leadership steered us through some stormy weather and brought us to the place we enjoy today.

I consider it a privilege to be a member and an officer of NCWW and you have played a large role in my decision to participate on this level.

I expect to see your many raffle tickets at the picnic next year:gar-La;

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind words all. While I am in Germany at the moment, I realize today is the last day of my term. Here is to great year and a great new BoD!

richlife

New User
Rich
Hope you're enjoying Germany, Doug. And tremendous thanks for your work as president and the welcome that you have given to new members (like me).

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS