State Fair Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
This year I entered my Maloof low back side chair in the NC State Fair. The chair won 3rd place in the professional division for large furniture. This was my first time entering the professional category as when I entered a rocker in 2009, I had not sold any pieces and entered as an amateur. There work entered this year had some very nice details and craftsmanship so I feel fortunate to have placed. I had to overcome my fear after 2009 as I won best in show and knew that all i could do was equal or worse. Now that that has happend it is time to think about the 2012 entry.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
:eusa_danc:eusa_dancAwesome. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Is this the chair you entered?

Low_Back_Chair_1.jpg

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
The photo that Bryan posted is the chair entered. First place in the same division was a art deco style table (very artisitc, a characteristic I lack). Second place was a chair made from root pieces and with a natural finish. the time required to even identify the pieces to make a chair must have taken hours.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I saw that Monday while touring the fairgrounds. Very nice indeed.

The wood crafts were much more interesting than the 522 lb pumpkin. :gar-Bi

- Ken.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Congrats, that is really nice. You've raised the bar for all of us and thanks for doing so. :icon_cheers

T

toolferone

Congrats!

I entered a the fair with a small piece about 8 years ago and took 1st place, it was a great feeling. I am working on a small piece in my spare time on the truck I had hoped to enter this year. I guess I will shoot for next year. I saw your piece and the artistic table too. I liked yours better, it was nice and simple and clean. The other piece though built well ws too busy for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS