Spring Raffle Online Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Travis, based on the numbers you showed here, I have built a simple spreadsheet that will tally people as they give their name and email address and we enter the number of tickets they want. It will display the money required and list the ticket numbers they should get. It has room for about 50 or so names at this point. I'll email it to you tonight with an explanation since it checks for blank cells to avoid clutter.

Rob

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott, we need to start at ticket number 675251. For some reason I missed 675250..... Weird..... I hope you haven't started filling the jar.

The final ticket number is 676045.

For sales at the picnic, I am thinking I will just do a master sign up sheet and issue ticket numbers from there. That way, it is just in sequence from where the online sales left off.

PS - Officially, we are now at 795 tickets worth $3975, and I have had a couple of emails asking if we are selling tickets at the picnic.

HOUSTON DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM???

675251 + 795 = 676046 and not 676045

One of us is off by 1. I sure hope that is Tracy's ticket.

Travis please confirm.

M

McRabbet

:5sigh: And he works for IBM! :swoon: Scott, Travis is correct -- there is not a missing ticket. Suppose he had sold 5 tickets and the starting ticket was number 1. While 1 + 5 = 6, the ticket numbers he sold are 1,2,3,4 & 5. 6 is the next number! So 67521 + 795 = 676046, but 676046 is the next number because you must include the first ticket in the sale. Are you as smart as a 5th grader? :gar-La;

HOUSTON DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM???

675251 + 795 = 676046 and not 676045

One of us is off by 1. I sure hope that is Tracy's ticket.

Travis please confirm.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
:5sigh: And he works for IBM! :swoon: Scott, Travis is correct -- there is not a missing ticket. Suppose he had sold 5 tickets and the starting ticket was number 1. While 1 + 5 = 6, the ticket numbers he sold are 1,2,3,4 & 5. 6 is the next number! So 67521 + 795 = 676046, but 676046 is the next number because you must include the first ticket in the sale. Are you as smart as a 5th grader? :gar-La;

I work in HR I do not do math or hardware :BangHead: Besides I had not finished my first cup of coffee when I sent that.

Glad it was me....

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tooo funnnnnnyyyyyyy

:5sigh: And he works for ibm! :swoon: Scott, travis is correct -- there is not a missing ticket. Suppose he had sold 5 tickets and the starting ticket was number 1. While 1 + 5 = 6, the ticket numbers he sold are 1,2,3,4 & 5. 6 is the next number! So 67521 + 795 = 676046, but 676046 is the next number because you must include the first ticket in the sale. Are you as smart as a 5th grader? :gar-la;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
:banana: Is it to late to update my election bio to include provides comic relief? :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors