Spring Raffle Online Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have just now finished entering and distributing all the raffle tickets.

Overall, we haven't done too bad. Rick at Woodworking Source collected $695 in sales for us.

Here are the totals - 785 tickets worth $3925.

There may possibly be $25 more for one online transaction coming. One member did try to buy through Woodworking Source and the transaction failed. I have given him the opportunity to Paypal us for it since he did attempt before the raffle closed.

Additionally, there were two others that this happened to as well, and both have purchased their tickets and are included in the numbers

Last time around, we sold 813 tickets. All in all, we haven't done bad, but I was worried for awhile we were not going to do well.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
:icon_thum Do you have a the final ticket number so I can start filling the jar? :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

So if we sell 30 tickets at the Picnic, we will exceed our sales from last Fall. I had secretly hoped that we would reach $5,000 in ticket sales, but we didn't make it. Of course if all of us on the Board had purchased our normal numbers, that would have been easily attained! Thanks for all of your hard work, Travis.

I know we had a $1,500 budget for purchase of prizes and I kept it below that amount with $400 for the ClearVue and $915.88 for the Kapex with tax (right?). I would like to place a claim for a dedicated trip I made on May 13 from Hendersonville with all of the smaller prizes to Pickens, SC (ClearVue pickup) to Hickory (Kapex pickup) to Apex and return to Hendersonville with my truck for the sole purpose of getting all of the raffle prizes staged at my daughter's home for this Saturday's picnic. I drove 550 miles in one day -- the IRS allows $0.50/mile for business travel or $0.14/mile for charitable travel and I am not sure which applies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
So if we sell 30 tickets at the Picnic, we will exceed our sales from last Fall. I had secretly hoped that we would reach $5,000 in ticket sales, but we didn't make it. Of course if all of us on the Board had purchased our normal numbers, that would have been easily attained! Thanks for all of your hard work, Travis.

I know we had a $1,500 budget for purchase of prizes and I kept it below that amount with $400 for the ClearVue and $915.88 for the Kapex with tax (right?). I would like to place a claim for a dedicated trip I made on May 13 from Hendersonville with all of the smaller prizes to Pickens, SC (ClearVue pickup) to Hickory (Kapex pickup) to Apex and return to Hendersonville with my truck for the sole purpose of getting all of the raffle prizes staged at my daughter's home for this Saturday's picnic. I drove 550 miles in one day -- the IRS allows $0.50/mile for business travel or $0.14/mile for charitable travel and I am not sure which applies.

$0.14 per mile is only $77.00. I do not think the $0.50 per mile applies here. I would like to motion that we pay Rob $125.00 to cover the cost associated with picking up the raffle items. That should cover gas and meals. Thanks Rob.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I agree that Rob should be adequately reimbursed. However, I think I remember Doug saying that we couldn't make motions, receive seconds, and vote on the BoD forum. I think we should do whatever we have to do to insure that Rob is reimbursed as quickly as possible. Thanks Rob for your dedication, that was quite a long day wasn't it.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree that Rob should be adequately reimbursed. However, I think I remember Doug saying that we couldn't make motions, receive seconds, and vote on the BoD forum. I think we should do whatever we have to do to insure that Rob is reimbursed as quickly as possible.

I was thinking that was via PM but I am not 100% sure. Whatever we have to do to make it legal we must do and timely. It would be nice for Rob to leave the picnic with cash in hand.

Travis can I ask you bring the check book to the picnic? We have a couple of folks that will need to get paid back.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Re the reimbursement, why don't we work all of the details out in this thread, and then hold a quick meeting to vote and agree to it at the picnic?

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I was thinking that was via PM but I am not 100% sure. Whatever we have to do to make it legal we must do and timely. It would be nice for Rob to leave the picnic with cash in hand.

Travis can I ask you bring the check book to the picnic? We have a couple of folks that will need to get paid back.

You may be right Scott. :dontknow:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
:icon_thum Do you have a the final ticket number so I can start filling the jar? :icon_thum

The person that had a failed transaction bought his 10 tickets this morning, so the numbers go up by one.

I will send you the final ticket number tonight.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Rob is eligible for reimbursement so I see no issues with it whatsoever. Rob, send me an "invoice" or receipt however you want to do it for $77 if that covers your costs, and I will issue you a check.

As for the other expenses/expenditures to reimburse this weekend, I will bring the counter checks and "pay up".

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I agree that Rob should be adequately reimbursed. However, I think I remember Doug saying that we couldn't make motions, receive seconds, and vote on the BoD forum. I think we should do whatever we have to do to insure that Rob is reimbursed as quickly as possible. Thanks Rob for your dedication, that was quite a long day wasn't it.

Stuart is correct. Besides, I believe this falls clearly in the discretion of the Treasurer and does not require a Board vote, Travis has the authority to determine the validity of all submitted expoenses and to determine if they are in accordance with the budget for that event.

Doug

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Stuart is correct. Besides, I believe this falls clearly in the discretion of the Treasurer and does not require a Board vote, Travis has the authority to determine the validity of all submitted expoenses and to determine if they are in accordance with the budget for that event.

Doug

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I don't know what type gas mileage Rob gets, but $77 would barely cover gas for 550 miles on my Honda Pilot. I think we might want to rethink the amount he should be reimbursed.

M

McRabbet

I am perfectly willing to accept the IRS allowable mileage reimbursement for charitable activity, which would be $77. It will cover the majority of my expense and I would be happier not to draw any more from NCWWI resources. I will send Travis an Invoice by email.

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Sorry guys it has been he'll day at work. I agree with reimbursing Rob. And Travis I didn't get my email with:rotflm: my numbers

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Scott, we need to start at ticket number 675251. For some reason I missed 675250..... Weird..... I hope you haven't started filling the jar.

The final ticket number is 676045.

For sales at the picnic, I am thinking I will just do a master sign up sheet and issue ticket numbers from there. That way, it is just in sequence from where the online sales left off.

PS - Officially, we are now at 795 tickets worth $3975, and I have had a couple of emails asking if we are selling tickets at the picnic.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I'll help in the last day ticket sales if I can. Travis, let me know what you need.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS