Spring Raffle Decisions - Updated 4/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

In the next few weeks, I will be posting items for the forthcoming spring raffle. The first prize decision will probably come in a very few days as Jet/Powermatic is having a 15% off "St. Patrick's Day" sale that runs until March 21st. I have asked Coleman Fourshee for quotations on four models of mini-lathes and I'll be getting those prices out to you in this thread as soon as I know. Remember that we already have a 14" Rikon 10-325 bandsaw that was returned from last fall as one of our prizes.

Here are prices from Coleman for three different models of Jet lathes: The first is a benchtop with 12" swing and 20" length capacity; second is 14" swing with 42" length capacity and the third has 16" swing and 42" length capacity. All have variable speed motors. I recommend the JWL-1442VSK at $800.

JWL-1220VS 3/4 HP ......................... NCWWR PRICE $375.00 reg price - 649.99 15% sale - 552.49
JWL-1442VSK 1 HP ......................... NCWWR PRICE $800.00 reg. price - $1349.99 15% sale - 1147.49
JWL-1642EVS 1-1/2 HP ................... NCWWR PRICE $1500.00 reg. price - 2099.99 15% sale - 1784.99

Current plan is to kick off the raffle on April 15th so everyone can use their tax returns to buy oodles of tickets! More to come...

As a second point, we need to verify that we have our NC tax exempt status in place -- Joe, can you confirm that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Re: Spring Raffle Decisions

Joe and the rest of the Bod:

Rob and I just talked. I have an update on this and will discuss it at the BoD meeting. Short answer is that we do not have this status in NC.

Doug

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

As a second point, we need to verify that we have our NC tax exempt status in place -- Joe, can you confirm that?

I cannot...only Doug knows the lawyers.

M

McRabbet

Bump -- See first post for the update.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Re: Spring Raffle Decisions - Updated

Sounds like Rob's going gangbusters!
Rob if you need help, let me know. It might be more trouble than its worth, but I offered!

M

McRabbet

Here is a complete update on prizes to date:

JWL-1442VSK 1 HP ......................... NCWW PRICE $800.00 plus $62 tax = our cost from Klingspor's Woodworking Shop. Value: $1349.99

Also received or committed:
  • Rikon 14" bandsaw (purchased from Klingspor's Woodworking Shop last fall; cost reported last fall) . Value: $899.95
  • Ci2m Mini Rougher and Ci3m Mini Finisher from Easy Wood Tools. Value: $192.93 (donated)
  • Two $100 Gift Certificates from Eagle America Value $200 (donated with 1 month free sidebar Ad)
  • 1 X Veritas 06 Bench Plane Second, A2 Blade $265.00
  • 1 X Veritas Low-angle Block Plane Second, A2 Blade $145.00
  • 1 X Veritas Bullnose Plane Second, A2 Blade $169.00 Total $579.00 ((donated) by Lee Valley Tools with a free 3-month sidebar Ad)
  • Kreg K4 Jig and Kreg Deck Jig from Kreg Tool Company (est value: $250) (donated)
  • Prize committed from Lie-Nielsen Toolworks; value TBD (donated)
  • Prize committed from Woodpeckers, Inc.; value TBD (donated)
  • $500 Voucher from Gregory Paolini for future Woodworking Class of winners choice. (donated)
I am awaiting responses from Craft Supplies www.woodturnerscatalog.com); Mountain Sawyers; The Woodworking Source; Willard Anderson (Edwards Mountain Woodworking); Roy Underhill and the Woodwright's School.

Ten days to go before we kick it off.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

here is a complete update on prizes to date:

jwl-1442vsk 1 hp ......................... ncww price $800.00 plus $62 tax = our cost from klingspor's woodworking shop. value: $1349.99

also received or committed:
  • rikon 14" bandsaw (purchased from klingspor's woodworking shop last fall; cost reported last fall) . value: $899.95
  • ci2m mini rougher and ci3m mini finisher from easy wood tools. value: $192.93 (donated)
  • two $100 gift certificates from eagle america value $200 (donated with 1 month free sidebar ad)
  • 1 x veritas 06 bench plane second, a2 blade $265.00
  • 1 x veritas low-angle block plane second, a2 blade $145.00
  • 1 x veritas bullnose plane second, a2 blade $169.00 total $579.00 ((donated) by lee valley tools with a free 3-month sidebar ad)
  • kreg k4 jig and kreg deck jig from kreg tool company (est value: $250) (donated)
  • prize committed from lie-nielsen toolworks; value tbd (donated)
  • prize committed from woodpeckers, inc.; value tbd (donated)
  • $500 voucher from gregory paolini for future woodworking class of winners choice. (donated)
i am awaiting responses from craft supplies www.woodturnerscatalog.com); mountain sawyers; the woodworking source; willard anderson (edwards mountain woodworking); roy underhill and the woodwright's school.

ten days to go before we kick it off.

wow!!!!

M

McRabbet

Re: Spring Raffle Decisions - Updated 4/5

I just got an email from Woodpeckers and they are sending me their Saw Gauge and a 24" Precision T-Square that they manufacture. Total retail value is about $200. That puts us at about $4,000 in value for this raffle.

M

McRabbet

We are in the final stages of solidifying an offer for four 1-day woodworking classes from Roy Underhill and Bill Anderson worth $540. We are negotiationg the free Ad duration (they asked for six months, but I restated what was in my letter that cited the 3 free months policy for a $500 contribution). I should know in a day or so. I have several of the prizes in hand already.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

We are in the final stages of solidifying an offer for four 1-day woodworking classes from Roy Underhill and Bill Anderson worth $540. We are negotiationg the free Ad duration (they asked for six months, but I restated what was in my letter that cited the 3 free months policy for a $500 contribution). I should know in a day or so. I have several of the prizes in hand already.

Rob, please email me or PM me all of the sidebar ads I need to put in place and their terms (amount paid). So I can have it all in one place so I do not leave anyone out. Thanks for your diligent work on the spring raffle. I started the cc processing thread in hopes to increase interest in the raffle. FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS