Spoons!

cpaul

New User
Chris
Another batch of gifts made for last Christmas . . . these were the first spoons I 'carved' with the help of that nifty angle grinder ball gouge from Arbortech - a very handy tool. Anyway, thought I'd share and ask if anyone else would like to do the same - show your spoons!

1620827458295.png

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice work both of you. I have attempted to carve a spoon or two but failed. It is harder than it looks. It is on my bucket list to go spend a day with Mike Davis or some other spoon carver.

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
It's the same one just above the Sapele spoon in my post. The larger photo is before I did the wood burning. Made for a friend in Great Britain, he uses it to stir his coffee when camping.
Oh, I thought you did two or more of those... regardless - they are beautiful - you sell them for $5 or $10 right?LOL

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
When you have a factory with dedicated machines for each operation and slave labor working for a cot and a bowl of rice per day you can sell for well below those prices, ship halfway around the world, and allow the middle man a huge profit with free shipping.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I have been wanting to make spoons for a long time but I'm hopelessly design impaired. Please keep it on the down low but I may just steal some of those designs because they are fantastic.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS