Spoons!

cpaul

New User
Chris
Another batch of gifts made for last Christmas . . . these were the first spoons I 'carved' with the help of that nifty angle grinder ball gouge from Arbortech - a very handy tool. Anyway, thought I'd share and ask if anyone else would like to do the same - show your spoons!

1620827458295.png

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice work both of you. I have attempted to carve a spoon or two but failed. It is harder than it looks. It is on my bucket list to go spend a day with Mike Davis or some other spoon carver.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's the same one just above the Sapele spoon in my post. The larger photo is before I did the wood burning. Made for a friend in Great Britain, he uses it to stir his coffee when camping.
Oh, I thought you did two or more of those... regardless - they are beautiful - you sell them for $5 or $10 right?LOL

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
When you have a factory with dedicated machines for each operation and slave labor working for a cot and a bowl of rice per day you can sell for well below those prices, ship halfway around the world, and allow the middle man a huge profit with free shipping.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I have been wanting to make spoons for a long time but I'm hopelessly design impaired. Please keep it on the down low but I may just steal some of those designs because they are fantastic.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS