Spoon for my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That's such a beautiful work of art, she may just never use it for anything other than something to look at :)
Wow. That's some really nice work.

Glennbear

Glenn
I really didn't have time today, she literally took it while the finish was drying. I do sign a lot of things, but not all.

Like I said when i make a nicer one for her I will sign it.

My late father made several carved wooden free form sculptures and I am blessed to have one. I will always be thankful that he signed and DATED them. The one I have is from 1989. :wsmile:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful spoon there. Just wondering, beings you said she needed it for college: Do they just serve gruel, or is peas-porridge on the menu too?

Go

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
She is living in a suite with three other girls and they plan to cook most of their meals.

I'm sure there won't be any gruel.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Mike, it is starting to sound like a broken record but that spoon is nice! A spoon is an everyday object but that one is quite special. If I were walking through a gourmet kitchen I think I would still do a double take on the spoon. It makes you want to pick it up :).
Salem

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
So, Mike, is this Flax oil from a health food store? What is the brand? Have you tried Tried and True from Woodcraft? This is partially polymerized linseed (flax seed) oil and bees wax. I'm just curious how it compares. It's what I've been using on my spoons.

Jim

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Robin Wood is a bowl and spoon maker in England and president of the Heritage Crafts Association. He uses this oil and recommended it to me. I buy it by the quart online but you can find small bottles in the health food store. Just be sure it is cold pressed and it has no additives.

I haven't used the Woodcraft oil mixture, so I can't compare it to the oil I use.

Over the last 30 years I have tried many things and this is the best compromise of anything I have used.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Pretty doggone nice spoon! I believe I have a piece of the lumber that spoon came from. Just thinking about slicing part of that plank up for some clock wood. I actually got an order for to make one; my mother-in-law is one of my biggest fans. I even had a dream one night that I sold something I had made for real money, then I woke up and had a cup of coffee instead. Keep those chips flying Mike.:eusa_clap

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We've swapped so much wood back and forth I can't remember if that is some I got from you or you got from me. But I that that Sapele came from Bluthart.

I need to cut some of that Cherry I got from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS