Spalted wood needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Im still kinda new here and still learning my way around so if this is in the wrong section Im sorry.

I am in need of some spalted wood 1''x4''x4''. If you have some that I could get I would appreciate it alot. I have a guy that wants me to make a turkey call for him. Id love to get more than one blank if I could but beggers cant be choosey right!

Thanks!!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
You can take some of your wood and put some leaves and water in a bag along with the wood and place it in the sun, or maybe it's a shady place outside? It was posted here somewhere.

That way you can make your own spalted wood.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I tried that last year with some beer in the container and it was a waste of a perfectly good beer. I got no change in the wood.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Are you coming to the picnic?

I can spare a chunk or few. The punky stuff will need sealing to make a call in case your buddy ever mixes up inhaling and exhaling (people do that).

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Hey Johnny,
Stop by when you get a chance. :icon_thum I've got a bunch of 4/4 Ambrosia Maple and I'm sure I can live without some of it. Also, some of my dogwood splits have spalted; again, I don't need it all.
Russ
(in Old Sparta)
827-6513

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Thanks for the offers from everyone!
Andy, I cannot make the picnic. The call Im making is a pot call so there is no danger of the inhale and exhale problem. It uses a striker to make the sounds.
Russ, I have not forgot you. Im going to get by there to meet you. Between work and turkey season I havent had much down time.

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS