Spalted flame maple bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood

Spalted flame maple with some burl.It's my pride and joy:eusa_clap.The first piece I've turned from a tree that I cut down:icon_thum.Can't wait to turn some more just gota let it dry some more.I don't have a chuck :no:.Everything is turned o a faceplate for now.I have a couple more pics in my gallery. Just have figured out how to move more than one yet:BangHead:.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is beautiful, great job. The photo is stunning as well, Excellent composition. That has calendar possibilities!!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Wow, Robert! You are getting better and better at this! Nothing wrong with faceplate turning. It was done that way for a long time before chucks were invented!

Hope you don't mind me helping you out with the picture!
Wood_037.jpg

Kalai

New User
Chris Kalai Allen
Hi Robert, nice Job on the bowl, now you are going to want to cut down any tree you can so you can turn more bowls, we turn on average 600 - 1000 bowls a year and I love harvesting and turning bowls, I do this for a business and I have a helper, my brother in law so it is the 2 of us that do all the bowls, it is a job I never got tired of, I like th egrain in your bowl too, keep up the good work.
Aloha.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS