Small Sign Kit Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Y'all, I have the Milescraft Sign Maker that I can rout 1&1/2" & 2&1/2" letters in a sign. Does anyone know of a smaller set made for the router or even a rotary tool such as the Dremel? I would desperately like to have a set that I could rout 1/2", 3/4", 1" letters and #s for smaller signs. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
For the Dremel I trace the letter pattern on the wood and use the router base to freehand cut the letters out.Seems like it would take several templates to cut several fonts.Let us know if a Dremel template is available.Tony

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
There used to be a set for drafting that had a template and a follower to make large lettering for drawings. That would be 1/2 inch to an inch. I'm trying to remember the name I think it started with a K. Kroy maybe?

Any draftsmen out there?

Anyway you could adapt that system to a Dremel.

Then there are the engraving machines for plastic. I see used ones where Jewelers are going out of business. Check Craig's list and fleabay.

M

McRabbet

There used to be a set for drafting that had a template and a follower to make large lettering for drawings. That would be 1/2 inch to an inch. I'm trying to remember the name I think it started with a K. Kroy maybe?

Any draftsmen out there?

Anyway you could adapt that system to a Dremel.

Then there are the engraving machines for plastic. I see used ones where Jewelers are going out of business. Check Craig's list and fleabay.
Mike, I think you are referring to Keuffel + Esser's Leroy Lettering Sets and Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph pens with different tip sizes -- I used them extensively back in my graduate school days to letter charts and maps and diagrams in research papers. Later, when computers came affordable, we used CalComp and Hewlett-Packard Plotters.

Boy, did this bring back some old memories :eusa_thin (I even have my old K&E Log Slide rule!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS