Sliding Table for DW746 Hybrid Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
DW7461 Sliding table for the DW746 Hybrid table saw. Habitat Restore in Oxford has four of these for $75 each. A quick check on the internet show these at around $500 each. If you have the DW746 you might be interested.

George

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Whoa!!! That is an amazing deal! I've got one on my dewalt and it's wonderful!! If you've got this saw this is worth checking out.

Travis

gator

George
Corporate Member
Phone Number

I forgot to include the phone number so you can call to verify still in stock.

919-693-5694

George

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks for the post, George. Where is the re-store located in Oxford?:dontknow:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
FYI, people have mounted them to other tablesaw and made them work. It just takes a bit of work.

For those who've not seen them up close this is not one of the flimsy half table extensions that I've seen. It is a full sized cast-iron table extention that replaces the left wing of your saw. I've attached a pic below. Note that you may have to adjust your fence rails depending on the type you had (as in the picture). It easily locks into place for use as a standard extension and also has a mechanism to lock your miter gauge or sled in position.

IMG_12413.JPG

View image in gallery

gator

George
Corporate Member
Thanks for the post, George. Where is the re-store located in Oxford?:dontknow:

Google Map for
550 W Industry Drive, Oxford, NC

Hours are Tuesday and Thursday - 10 to 5:30

and

Saturday Mornings til 2:30 PM (I think they open earlier on Sat but I don't know the time)

George

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
For those who've not seen them up close this is not one of the flimsy half table extensions that I've seen. It is a full sized cast-iron table extention that replaces the left wing of your saw. I've attached a pic below. Note that you may have to adjust your fence rails depending on the type you had (as in the picture). It easily locks into place for use as a standard extension and also has a mechanism to lock your miter gauge or sled in position.

Wow, that's looks familiar:rotflm:

gator

George
Corporate Member
I stopped by the Habitat Restore again today and they now have some outfeed tables for the same saw for $50 each. They still have the sliding tables also. Both are new in the box.

George

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Travis,

Looks like you have a Biesemeyer type fence on your DeWalt? I have the original and was wondering about a change. The odd shape of the DeWalt makes jigs a bit more difficult to build. Can you share any details?

Sully

New User
jay
Is anyone near Oxford coming east in the near future. I wouldn't mind trying to mount one of these on my unisaw if I could a pony express.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Travis,

Looks like you have a Biesemeyer type fence on your DeWalt? I have the original and was wondering about a change. The odd shape of the DeWalt makes jigs a bit more difficult to build. Can you share any details?

That's actually the Incra fence, it's just got a shop made extension on it that gives me a bit more vertical support and an easy way to attach the board buddies. I can't take credit for it though, I'm the third NCWWer to own this saw. It began life with Papa Smurf (note the blue cart) and I believe he built the add on fence. The Incra system is excellent. I believe this is actually the 32" rail system but it was mounted shifted to the rt to make room for the sliding table giving it the larger rip capacity. When the saw was moved into the shop the fence and extension was completely disassembled. Re-installing was surprisingly straightforward (Incra has a very clever way of getting the railes positioned parallel to the table which makes it a breeze). It's incredibly accurate (far more accurate than the woodworker using it) and with the joinery system (all the cool router freatures) there's very little it can't do. I've pretty much got the table saw operations figured out but I've not had a chance to play much with the router side to date. It's something I'm really looking forward to though.....

The only downside I can think of is that there are rails on both the front and back of the saw making outfeed extensions a bit more complicated. I use the table you see in the back ground as a triple duty extension table/assembly table/workbench. It's on casters and is just a hair lower than the TS. I can roll it up against the rails when I need extra support.

If you're looking for a new fence I'd highly recommend the Incra if you can swing it. I got VERY lucky with this deal (see past gloat thread). You're more than welcome to come by and check it out if you're ever over this way.

Travis

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Travis,

Thanks. I appreciate the offer. It's the fence itself I'm most interested in. If you've seen the DeWalt factory original, you know it has an odd shape which makes building jigs that fit it, a bit complicated. I've built a few... and I don't like any of them.

If I'm ever off the road for more than a few minutes, I'll take you up on the offer to eyeball your saw's setup. I'm not that far away (just a few feet north of Raleigh)

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
You're welcome anytime. Just give me a heads up if you can. I've never seen the original dewalt fence in person but from the pictures I've seen I can imagine it would be challanging.

Trav

Travis,

Thanks. I appreciate the offer. It's the fence itself I'm most interested in. If you've seen the DeWalt factory original, you know it has an odd shape which makes building jigs that fit it, a bit complicated. I've built a few... and I don't like any of them.

If I'm ever off the road for more than a few minutes, I'll take you up on the offer to eyeball your saw's setup. I'm not that far away (just a few feet north of Raleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS