Simple Stool for Toddlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
Being a brand new grandparent, when I saw this simple stool in Popular Woodworking I couldn't let it go by without making it. Used some leftover QSWO from my Limbert Table. Nothing extraordinary here - just thought that you would appreciate the wood and simple lines - My grandson has a unique name "Soren James" -thought it was a little odd at first, but it has really grown on me - go figure....

DSC_2512.JPG

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice stool!!!:eusa_danc

Was that plan featured in a recent issue of Popular Woodworking?

He will no doubt cherish this wee chair for a very long time!

Well done!

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The stool looks really great in the QSWO. :eusa_clap I remember seeing that in PW and thinking what a neat idea: a step stool and a seat in one.

Bill

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
Thanks everyone for the kind word - it was pretty simple to make - I think the wood is the star here. Took an afternoon to assemble and then the necessary time for the multiple coats of stain and laquer to cure in the humidity a couple of weeks ago....from the 8/10 issue of Popular Woodworking

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
My son had one of these when he was a baby (now he's 29) we still have it in the attic-and it was a cheap store bought one - this one should last a whole lot longer

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Thanks for the reminder- i had one similar when I was a little guy. Of course mine wasn't "monogrammed" If I recall it was painted red, yellow and blue. Now with a 3 mo old grandson, I have a new project to get to.

great job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors