Simple Clamp Rack/Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Made this from scraps yesterday. I don't own as many clamps as many of you, so this should serve me well as I add to my collection. Has a capacity of 21 pipe style or bar clamps.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcomed.

Clamp_Rack1.jpg

And, a loaded version---

Clamp_Rack-Loaded2.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Looks good, but only one suggestion. Looks like you have solid wood where you cut out your "u"s . Would recommend substituting ply or covering the top of it with hard board or 1/4" ply or something. The long pieces have a tendency to break on solid wood. DAMHIKT.

Looks like it will hold a lot!!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Looks good Reggie. Is that a design you have seen somewhere?

The plan was in a recent issue of one of the WW mags. Can't remember which one, but if I find it I'll post it. It was a simple 2 page download with dimensions etc.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks good Reggie! How did you do the U's, router with a template and bushing?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Looks good, but only one suggestion. Looks like you have solid wood where you cut out your "u"s . Would recommend substituting ply or covering the top of it with hard board or 1/4" ply or something. The long pieces have a tendency to break on solid wood. DAMHIKT.

Looks like it will hold a lot!!

Probably a good suggestion. The boards are 11"d, 9"d, and 4.5" d respectively, so hopefully there's plenty of strength. The "u's" are about 2.5" deep if I remember correctly.

:wsmile:

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nice Reggie, I have to reengineer the one I built a while ago and will keep your success with this design in mind . :wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
The rack plans are in a recent issue of WoodSmith Tips. Log on to Woodsmith Magazine and you can probably see them.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That looks awesome Reggie! :icon_thum I have a bunch of pipe clamps and that looks like a lot better solution than stacking them all on top of each other in the corner. Nothing like doing a glue up and causing an avalanche of pipe clamps because you can't reach that one all the way in the back. :BangHead:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Man I cannot believe I missed this Thread Reggie. That rack looks great and will serve you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS