Shower in the workshop

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I have a small wash sink thanks to PhilS and one of his cabinet giveaways. Unfortunately only cold water but better than nothing. I use air compressor to knock the dust off my clothes before going inside. Also have a large section of woods around my home so no need for a toilet in the shop. If I “need” a toilet I go inside the house.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a small wash sink thanks to PhilS and one of his cabinet giveaways. Unfortunately only cold water but better than nothing. I use air compressor to knock the dust off my clothes before going inside. Also have a large section of woods around my home so no need for a toilet in the shop. If I “need” a toilet I go inside the house.
If you have a circuit for it, a small tankless water heater on the faucet will serve well. Not talking about an Instant Hot, just a 115 volt with a flow switch that goes to 120 degrees. It only heats water when the hot faucet is turned on.

Reactions: jcz

AT_T_2D

New User
at_t_2d
My wood shop is in the basement and I had it plumbed for a laundry tub when the house was built. I decided not to put it in since there is another bathroom downstairs and I have the laundry room with a big sink upstairs.

On the other hand I have an out building about 200 feet away that is use for misc. projects, working on cars and it is also where the wood kiln is located. I was concerned about getting something splashed in my eyes working on cars so we put in a full bathroom. It has a 4 x 8 walk in shower with a seat along one of the long walls big enough for the dogs to stand on for dog washing.

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
My biggest mistake was not having some sort of utility sink (wash tub?) installed in my shop at the time we were designing it. Oh, and not thinking about some sort of utility closet to store brooms and the like. Those two missed items to this day annoy me (been 6 years!).

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I have a utility sink in my 3 car garage (my woodshop is 1/3rd). So far it has been great. Have used it a lot for cleaning paint rollers/brushes & washing paint & wood dust off of my hands. Haven't needed an eye wash attachment, yet, and let's hope I never need one.

Can't ever see myself needing a shower in my shop, since the garage is attached to the house, and a full bath/shower is a few steps away.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
No shower. I do have a CW only WC (and sink). Also, a separate vanity sink in the general shop area with a small hot water heater. I would like to change this sink to a laundry sink. Already have a fixture

Last edited:

waitup

New User
Matt
I'd love to have a sink, but am with the others in that I don't really see the need for a shower.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
No shower or toilet, but I do have a small sink with cold water. Have considered a small electric water heater, but don't want to loose the space for it. I've been forever wishing that I had a toilet. My shop is about 100' from my house.

Charley

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
No shower or toilet, but I do have a small sink with cold water. Have considered a small electric water heater, but don't want to loose the space for it. I've been forever wishing that I had a toilet. My shop is about 100' from my house.

Charley
The small tankless 120 volt heaters are not much larger than a 1/2 gallon milk jug and can be mounted under the sink if space is a problem.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors