Show us those Christmas gloats

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Ok, it's time to show us what Santa brought you. Where's those saws and sanders, those drills and drivers, those chisels and clamps? I know you got 'em. Time to post 'em.

I'll start things off... here's a hollowing system I found under the tree. Man, it cuts like butta'

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I got a Garmin Nuvii 750, so I can find my way home when I get lost.:rotflm: Got a lathe coming as the other part of my Christmas, when they come off of back order.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That is a great gift:icon_thum I didn't get any tools - shirt - sweat shirt - slippers etc. but I am tickled to get what I did get :icon_thum:eusa_dancoh yea and we just about have our house finished -:banana::banana: can't wait for that

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Most of my Christmas is tied up in a kitchen remodel ... but under the tree I found a ProPM Skew gouge, gallon of Titebond II, the General Rule of Thumb woodworking book, a bottle opener for the shop, and some underwear:gar-La;.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Most of my Christmas is tied up in a kitchen remodel ... but under the tree I found a ProPM Skew gouge, gallon of Titebond II, the General Rule of Thumb woodworking book, a bottle opener for the shop, and some underwear:gar-La;.

So, I gotta ask, why would you need a bottle opener for the shop:dontknow::rotflm::rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I got The Workshop Book by Scott Landis and a shop apron that was already posted in another thread.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
Under the tree was a Incra 1000se miter gauge for table saw . No more
89 degree corners for me :gar-Bi All other essential gifts apply(socks, t-shirts and the usual oversive meatstick from Hickory Farms:rotflm:

Threejs

New User
David
Besides a couple pieces of exotic wood, the only wood working gift I got was this..

0037.JPG

The in-laws gave me the plane. The date on the body is 1889.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I made out great... socks, four 24" bessey parellel clamps, a shirt, four 40" bessey parellel clamps, another shirt, an Inca 1000 miter gauge, aftershave, and gift pack of Irwin clamps and a Lowe's gift. I see a something yellow in my future.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
IMG_2054.jpg

Fuzzy pic, sorry. St Roy's new book, set of Marples chisels, bradpoint drill bits, Rockler doo-dad for driving hinge screws straight.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
I told the family that since I was going to be winning the raffle, I wouldn't need anything for my shop. :)

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Well I had an older computer that I was wanting to update some but it up and died on me Thanksgiving week. So the wife got me a new computer a little early (Black Friday) for Christmas. She followed that up with an external hard drive (500GB) and two four port USB hubs to get all of my stuff hooked back up. She said that I had to have the computer to swap stories with all of you and that would keep me out of her hair when I am not in the shop. But the best gift of all will come after the first of the year. She gave me her blessings to order my bandsaw and sander from Grizzly. I just have to wait until after the first of the year to order them. This wife of mine is a true angel!!! Steve :gar-Bi :gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
But the best gift of all will come after the first of the year. She gave me her blessings to order my bandsaw and sander from Grizzly. I just have to wait until after the first of the year to order them. This wife of mine is a true angel!!! Steve :gar-Bi :gar-La;

Steve even though it will be after the 1st I think that qualfies as a great Christmas gloat.... Sounds like your wife is a keeper. :thumbs_up

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Here's my ww'ing related haul:

xmas2008.JPG

"The Rock" carving vise base and a WorkSharp 2000. I have already put some nice edges on a few tools that needed them. My adze is sharper than it ever has been before. Hopefully I will be posting a completed carving "bench" (more like a stand) before too long.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
My woodworking gift from LOL was the Fine Woodworking Magazine Archive on DVD...all issues from 1 to 201. I have not had much time to spend looking at it but so far it looks like a great repository of information.

Merry Christmas to all,

Bill

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Me???

I managed to get all four daughters home for Christmas for a few hours!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

For Dad.........

A new Makita 18V drill/driver/flashlight .....just like Bas!!!!! (Thanks for the inspiration Basman. :icon_thum)

A set of Felo woodworkers screw drivers (for when the Makita batteries are on charge) and a new fire extinguisher for when I get careless!!:BangHead:

A new sweatshirt, jeans (retiree's attire), Allison Krauss and Carole King DVD's and an all expenses paid trip to Colonial Williamsburg!!!!:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

I did really good!

Wayne

Last edited:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Narex chisels (6mm to 40mm) and mallet

4 24" and 2 40" Bessey K bodies

2 48" and 2 60" Stanley/Bailey parrellel clamps

6 24" Jet F clamps

Grizzley Benchtop OSS

PC air compressor