Should not have cut this but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
did it anyway - I really did not have the correct blade to cut this IMHO - I cut it with a #3RFD - I think I should have had a least a #5 - plus I do not have the correct sanding method to get the sides smooth as you can see from the side shot - This pattern has alot of sharpe corners where you do not want to turn into the next cut - it is better to cut straight in and back out then go straight in from the other direction - but I decided to go ahead and turn into the next cut - bad decision - Cherry tends to burn real easy and I really paid for turning into the next cut - lots of burns on this but Cherry also gets alot darker as it sits so hopefully by next year this time those burn marks will be obsolete:gar-La;

I have learned somethings from this cut - the next one if I do another one I hope will turn out better
Any suggestions on this would be appreciated

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Looks like you made good use of that shop time!

Sometimes ya just gotta make do with what ya got.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Now that's a great scroll saw pattern! At least you recognize where the problems were and can correct them on the next one!!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phillip, you are too hard on yourself.... It turned out great. :eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
I agree with the others that you did a pretty good job on this piece. And got to learn some good lessons too. I also find that cherry can be tricky to scroll and not burn, especially with sharp angles/tight corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS